Vulcan XH558 future in doubt

The new owners Vancouver Airport Services decided to bring the Vulcan back to Doncaster, the previous owners were not so bothered, as to the deal they have I do not know, I would assume they will be paying for it to be maintained to a certain level and the Vulcan To The Sky people will be paying some aswell

With them having a Spitfire there also (not sure for how long) it seems the new owners are trying to make some money out of the heritage of the Airport site, which will only benefit the people interested in these things and the local community

Think the plan is for the Vulcan to fly on about 20 seperate occasions this year so there's plenty of opportunity to see it

It all seems like good news if it all takes off so to speak!

could you post up on here or PM me next time you know its off out somewhere? would be great to see it take off from Doncaster.

Cheers

Andy

It all seems like good news if it all takes off so to speak!

could you post up on here or PM me next time you know its off out somewhere? would be great to see it take off from Doncaster.

Cheers

Andy

Yeah no worries, I guess the Vulcan To The Sky people will be releasing dates on their website but I will try and remember to post on here when I hear something

Yeah no worries, I guess the Vulcan To The Sky people will be releasing dates on their website but I will try and remember to post on here when I hear something

many thanks,

they have dates of shows that it will be attending but thats not always when it will set off, sometimes it may set off the day before or whatever, but if you do hear anything let us know!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

The Vulcan Bomber is set to fly at noon on Tuesday 26th April at Robin Hood Airport. There is the possibility to see the aircraft from Good Friday until the 2nd May but the scheduled flight date is Tuesday 26th

Hope this information is useful to anyone wanting too see this great aircraft fly!

The Vulcan Bomber is set to fly at noon on Tuesday 26th April at Robin Hood Airport. There is the possibility to see the aircraft from Good Friday until the 2nd May but the scheduled flight date is Tuesday 26th

Hope this information is useful to anyone wanting too see this great aircraft fly!

thanks for the heads up!

Thats great. Thank you.

When you say it is possible to see the aircraft from Good Friday until 2nd May, I thought from the article on the first page it was now based at Robin Hood - am I wrong?

Thats great. Thank you.

When you say it is possible to see the aircraft from Good Friday until 2nd May, I thought from the article on the first page it was now based at Robin Hood - am I wrong?

It is based there but spends most of the time in the hanger and I guess if you want to stand at the fence you can see it but it is being moved round so it can be viewed from the airports inside lounge and the bar is being opened for tea/coffee beer etc

Should be fun!

It is based there but spends most of the time in the hanger and I guess if you want to stand at the fence you can see it but it is being moved round so it can be viewed from the airports inside lounge and the bar is being opened for tea/coffee beer etc

Should be fun!

Thanks for that.

Do you know whether you can view it outside as I'm not sure how sucessful photographs would be through glass?

Archived