Motorways, "middle lane hoggers" ?

If the roads are clear, you should be in the slow lane, to allow other vehicles to overtake you.

If you're sat in the fast lane, just to prove a point and be a ********

That makes you the clueless twunt

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 17:42 ----------

My friends' mum got pulled over by the police for being in the middle lane on a clear motorway, this was some years back now.

I remember being amazed that they would be doing such things, at the time thinking that it was a minor road hazard.

Having had a few more motor driving miles on me now...lane hoggers are not only a pain in the feckin ass.....they ARE dangerous if people are forced to undertake them.

I'm not arguing about moving over I'm in agreement you should move over when the inside lane is clear, I find it just impracticable to constantly pull in behind a truck then argue to get back out to overtake the next slow moving vehicle in front in out in out easier to stick in the middle lane and move along,what I am saying is as the motorways and drivers are now you have very little choice but to drive along in the middle lane if you want to get anywhere, I've tried it all over the years driving cautiously does not work nowadays you wouldn't get anywhere they would sooner see you rammed into the back of a truck than to give an inch...people who moan about middle lane hogs just can not be on the roads much if they were they would soon see what Im on about.

Edited by Lobos

There is no slow lane, or fast lane.you drive on the left unless overtaking. All lanes have the same speed limit.

Blah, blah

And meanwhile....in the real world :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 21:18 ----------

I'm not arguing about moving over I'm in agreement you should move over when the inside lane is clear

I'm glad we're in agreement! :D

I find it just impracticable to constantly pull in behind a truck then argue to get back out to overtake the next slow moving vehicle in front in out in out easier to stick in the middle lane and move along,what I am saying is as the motorways and drivers are now you have very little choice but to drive along in the middle lane if you want to get anywhere, I've tried it all over the years driving cautiously does not work nowadays you wouldn't get anywhere they would sooner see you rammed into the back of a truck than to give an inch...people who moan about middle lane hogs just can not be on the roads much if they were they would soon see what Im on about

I drive on two motorways on the way to work, Lobos

People generally drive sensibly in the peak hours, and though I occasionally come across mid-lane hogs, it's not very often?

I don't expect someone to keep hopping in and out of traffic, and wouldn't define someone in the mid-lane as a hog, when they're obviously driving much faster than a car in the slow lane, some way ahead of them

If the roads are clear, you should be in the slow lane, to allow other vehicles to overtake you.

If you're sat in the fast lane, just to prove a point and be a ********

That makes you the clueless twunt

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 17:42 ----------

My friends' mum got pulled over by the police for being in the middle lane on a clear motorway, this was some years back now.

I remember being amazed that they would be doing such things, at the time thinking that it was a minor road hazard.

Having had a few more motor driving miles on me now...lane hoggers are not only a pain in the feckin ass.....they ARE dangerous if people are forced to undertake them.

I think if people would just slow down and consider other road users we would not have these kind of discussions

Edited by Lobos

I'm not arguing about moving over I'm in agreement you should move over when the inside lane is clear, I find it just impracticable to constantly pull in behind a truck then argue to get back out to overtake the next slow moving vehicle in front in out in out easier to stick in the middle lane and move along,what I am saying is as the motorways and drivers are now you have very little choice but to drive along in the middle lane if you want to get anywhere, I've tried it all over the years driving courteously does not work nowadays you wouldn't get anywhere they would sooner see you rammed into the back of a truck than to give an inch...

Is there an echo in here :shocked:

I was trying to correct a spelling mistake when the cat jumped up on my lap:mad: courteously I was trying to spell..

Hahahaaaaa! :D

Have spent this evening, discreetly pointing out people's spelling mistakes

1. Steep not seep

2. Wretch not wrench

3. Refuse not refuge

People are so blissfully unaware :hihi:

If I'm doing seventy miles an hour in any lane and you overtake me you are the clueless twunt....

I very much doubt you'd be doing 70.

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 21:37 ----------

I think if people would just slow down and consider other road users we would not have these kind of discussions

Perhaps you could do as you preach then and not hog the middle lane...

Hahahaaaaa! :D

Have spent this evening, discreetly pointing out people's spelling mistakes

1. Steep not seep

2. Wretch not wrench

3. Refuse not refuge

People are so blissfully unaware :hihi:

I've got nine o levels and a degree in electronics but I cant spell for peanuts:hihi:

Blah, blah

And meanwhile....in the real world :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 21:18 ----------

I'm glad we're in agreement! :D

I drive on two motorways on the way to work, Lobos

People generally drive sensibly in the peak hours, and though I occasionally come across mid-lane hogs, it's not very often?

I don't expect someone to keep hopping in and out of traffic, and wouldn't define someone in the mid-lane as a hog, when they're obviously driving much faster than a car in the slow lane, some way ahead of them

Excellent post. The difference on the motorways mon-fri compared with weekends is huge. I find through the week, people will let you in and out of the Middle lane and lack of indicator use is much rarer. Weekends totally different. I had a picture (sadly now deleted) of the m1 South of Leicester with lanes 2 and 3 filled and nothing bar us in sight in the inside lane.