Motorways, "middle lane hoggers" ?

I've just come back from a run to Cardiff, on the way there loads of traffic, M1 99% middle lane M42 mostly in the outside lane M5 probably most of the way in the middle lane M4 all the way in the middle lane,traveling at 70-75 mph no hold ups no one inconvenienced very little over taking apart from the odd truck that pulled out, following in a row of cars all doing the same,only time progress was slowed down was with cars dodging in and out of the inside lane to overtake slow moving vehicles then moving back in..coming back there was not as much traffic so I was in the inside lane most of the time..driving to the road conditions...what drivers don't seem to realize is there is an outside lane they can use to overtake so why get all revved up about people in the middle lane ...

No one inconvenienced, but road capacity approximately halved if all the traffic is in the 2nd lane (of 2 on the M42) and only the occasional lorry is in the inner lane.

The fact that you don't understand why middle lane hogging is bad tells us everything we need to know.

.what drivers don't seem to realize is there is an outside lane they can use to overtake so why get all revved up about people in the middle lane ...

So, someone driving correctly has to change lane twice to overtake a middle lane hogger legally.

And you can't see why they might get "revved up" about that.

And you claim to be a professional driver?

You should consider a bit of re-training.

I've just come back from a run to Cardiff, on the way there loads of traffic, M1 99% middle lane M42 mostly in the outside lane M5 probably most of the way in the middle lane M4 all the way in the middle lane,traveling at 70-75 mph no hold ups no one inconvenienced very little over taking apart from the odd truck that pulled out, following in a row of cars all doing the same,only time progress was slowed down was with cars dodging in and out of the inside lane to overtake slow moving vehicles then moving back in..coming back there was not as much traffic so I was in the inside lane most of the time..driving to the road conditions...what drivers don't seem to realize is there is an outside lane they can use to overtake so why get all revved up about people in the middle lane ...
I reckon that your driving is on a par with your punctuation.

E-

No one inconvenienced, but road capacity approximately halved if all the traffic is in the 2nd lane (of 2 on the M42) and only the occasional lorry is in the inner lane.

The fact that you don't understand why middle lane hogging is bad tells us everything we need to know.

I just don't agree with how the UK roads are set out,people who don't have to use the roads in this country to make a living pontificating about things they don't understand or know about really annoys me...try driving all day and see what kind of idiots and downright dangerous drivers you encounter daily, I can assure driving in the middle lane in heavy traffic is not only the safest lane to be in it is also the quickest moving lane to travel in experience proves that...most bad accidents you see on the motorways are on the outside lane, most fender benders in the inside lane... 4 lane motorways would be a solution to this countries clogged up motorways,trucks should only be allowed to travel in the two inside lanes, 3 lane motorways will always be inadequate for the amount of traffic trying to use them...

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 23:45 ----------

I reckon that your driving is on a par with your punctuation.

E-

Is that your best shot.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 23:51 ----------

So, someone driving correctly has to change lane twice to overtake a middle lane hogger legally.

And you can't see why they might get "revved up" about that.

And you claim to be a professional driver?

You should consider a bit of re-training.

Ive been on more driving courses than you can shake a stick at HGV, cpcs,adr advanced driving courses,driving instructor courses the lot.

I just don't agree with how the UK roads are set out,people who don't have to use the roads in this country to make a living pontificating about things they don't understand or know about really annoys me...try driving all day and see what kind of idiots and downright dangerous drivers you encounter daily, I can assure driving in the middle lane in heavy traffic is not only the safest lane to be in it is also the quickest moving lane to travel in experience proves that...most bad accidents you see on the motorways are on the outside lane, most fender benders in the inside lane... 4 lane motorways would be a solution to this countries clogged up motorways,trucks should only be allowed to travel in the two inside lanes, 3 lane motorways will always be inadequate for the amount of traffic trying to use them...

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 23:45 ----------

Is that your best shot.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 23:51 ----------

Ive been on more driving courses than you can shake a stick at HGV, cpcs,adr advanced driving courses,driving instructor courses the lot.

Did you pass any?

And you still don't understand how to use motorway lanes correctly.

Shame.