Motorways, "middle lane hoggers" ?

Move with the times:

Hard shoulder = lane 1

Lane 2 = People refusing to use lane 1 who drive at 50MPH

Lane 3 = People who are trying to get going somewhere without fuss on cruise control

Lane 4 = People who are trying to get somewhere fast and German cars pimped-up vans.

Corrected for accuracy, if you will allow ;) Edited by L00b

"I think you'll find they shouldn't even be on the motorway"

Really?

---------- Post added 07-01-2016 at 13:55 ----------

"My works minibus is limited to 62mph, I understand some vehicles are limited to 56mph, are they allowed in the middle lane? "

Yes

"I think you'll find they shouldn't even be on the motorway"

Really?

---------- Post added 07-01-2016 at 13:55 ----------

"My works minibus is limited to 62mph, I understand some vehicles are limited to 56mph, are they allowed in the middle lane? "

Yes

I know you're new, so welcome, but you will learn that Sheffield Forummers don't bother with things like rules & regulations they rely on how they've always done things and assume that they're correct.

No amount of facts will ever dispel this; in fact there's a term for it: Confirmation bias. Whatever they read or hear will only confirm their perception of reality.

I know you're new, so welcome, but you will learn that Sheffield Forummers don't bother with things like rules & regulations they rely on how they've always done things and assume that they're correct.

No amount of facts will ever dispel this; in fact there's a term for it: Confirmation bias. Whatever they read or hear will only confirm their perception of reality.

Or we have a sense of humour on silly threads like this. Unless you were also making a humorous comment that went right over my head. If so, here is a WHOOOOSH for me.

Are you sure?

I thought it was

Lane 1 - 50mph

Lane 2 - 60

Lane 3 - 70

:suspect:

Sitting on the side of the motorway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a Police Officer sees a car puttering along at 18 MPH. He thinks to himself, this driver is just as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old ladies -- two in the front seat and three in the back -- wide eyed and white as ghosts.

The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand, I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"

"Ma'am," the officer replies, "you weren't speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit? No sir, I was doing the speed limit exactly... Eighteen miles an hour! "The old woman says a bit proudly.

The Police officer, trying to contain a chuckle explains to her that 18" was the motorway number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error. But before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask... Is everyone in this car OK? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't muttered a single peep this whole time," the officer asks.

"Oh, they'll be all right in a minute officer. We just got off the M180."

Edited by DnAuK