Do you believe in Time Travel?

I don't believe anyone really understands what time is or how it works. In a thousand years, such questions as "is time travel possible"? might seem as irrelevant as "Do there be monsters at the edge of the world?" seem today. Just a thought.

Another theory: Mr Yellow Fever himself dressed up and skillfully mixed footage of himself in drag into the 1920s clip. Then at a later date he can come clean about it, having advertised his convincing editing skills and heightened his profile - like a viral showreel. He does keep going on about how it looks like a man really. And doesn't the footage phone look just like the one he has to hand? Similar toothless thin lipped open grin. Hmmm... :suspect:

It's clearly not evidence of time travel. Let's apply Ockham's Razor.

Either A. Time travel is possible, and this person was a time traveler.

Or B. They were holding their hand in a way that just makes it look like they were using a mobile.

Which of those is the simpler explanation?

Oh, and don't call me Shirley.

So she IS a time traveller then..... Ace

Isn't there a theory claiming that- although a time traveller could travel to any given time in the future,time travel into the past is possible, but only in allowing them to travel back to the specific day/date/time at which the time machine became fully functional in allowing them to travel through time?.

I don't know if there is a mathematical treatment that has raised this possibility, or if it's just a face-saving argument to explain why no visitors from the future were present at, say, the Crucifixion, or the battle of Hastings, or any of innumerable other top-flight tourist attractions.

I've always suspected that it is the latter.

It's a hearing aid.

She's either trying to cover one of these, it is also very common for deaf people to test their hearing, by talking to themselves.

It could be one of the early electrical ones:-

http://beckerexhibits.wustl.edu/did/win_20th/703158p.htm

With the old electrical ones, they'd whistle, cut out, and pretty much needed retuning to a deaf persons individual need for where they are.

Or maybe a later models that were encased, possibly with earphones?, not sure if they were around in that time frame, maybe she didn't travel so far back in time as people might think.

It's said those early hearing aids had some dodgy side effects, they'd whistle so loud they could beach whales 500 miles away, who knows what else they could do.

Archived