Will the NHS treat a British Citizan who's visiting from Canada?

Thanks Flyer, Yes i do get a 50% pension iam 75. Is there anyway i can find out for shore

is there a phone number i could call. roy

Hi ,ROY.I"m in B.C. and i was home two years ago and went to the HALLAMSHIRE hospital with a very nasty insect bite on my temple.I asked how much i owed them after seeing a doctor and nurse,and getting some cream etc.The head nurse in the office said "you don't pay anything,as you're still a british subject,even if you are living in CANADA,and anyhow you're to old to pay.cheeky monkey!!,i'm only74**** So thats as much as i can tell you ROY.bye for now eightlegger.

i Have tried but can not get intouch with nhs.can anyone tell me for shore.

i was born in england have always had a uk passport. if i make a trip back to uk will i be covered by NHS.

If you have an accident or are taken ill with anything that you did not suffer from previously there is no charge. I E, classed as an emergency.

Go on to the British Pensioners web site.

http://www.britishpensioners.com

Take care, Cynthia.

I was upin Canada during the summer, St Andrews NB and was taken ill. My wife called an ambulance which cost me 750 canadian dollars. Why don't you write to your government you Canadaians and remind them of the NHS which looks after it's visitors.

No more Canada for me.

Archived