Question about racism

At the moment im reading a book, a book called "the day the country died" about 80's anarcho punk bands.

I have just finished the section about AYS (admit your ****) who released one 7" and 1 12" o Conflicts Motarhate record label.

Anyway thats the background to what got me thinking today.

There apparently has been a lot of controversy over AYS and the beliefs of the singer over the years due to the band being friends with Conflict, being a big part of the anarcho punk scene (which is very anti racist / anti facist).

Apparently the singer was a member of the British Movement even before he joined the band so his beliefs arent a new thing.

He has very rigid views about race and white power apparently.

He says his views arent born out of hate (against other races) but actually out of love (for his own race)

its an interesting way of putting it, but im not sure i believe it.

To me, ive always viewed racism and racists thus.

A love of their own race ABOVE other races, a deep hatred and suspicion of other races.

also i believe theres aspects of paranoia and a feeling of inadequacy creeping in which helps create the suspicion which leads to hatred

anybody got any others views on what creates a racist?

I've always found this love of ones race thing weird, I know more black tossers than I do white ones, but I'm not about to champion them just because we have a mutual affection for rice & peas with fried chicken.

or curried goat

i find it really really odd that somebody so wrapped up in ascene so so so anti racist could actually be racist lol

obviously i know in the "normal" punk scene and Oi! / skin scenes you got nazi punks / skins but anarchos?? lol

i know they were always pushing things and doing things THEIR WAY and not be pigeonholed, still seems a bit..........weird

You really should try some ol boy, a melange of flavours that appeal to the sophisticated palate ;)

Actualy my Wife and I were enjoying goat kebab in 1966/7 when stationed in Cyprus.

There was a goat bleating away next door to our rented hiring, my wife asked our Cypriot landlady if it would go on all night, "oh no she said tonight kebab".

Next morning the hide was pegged out in the sun.

Archived