Question about racism

I agree completely with you......but there are trends that follow with certain cultures? Would you at least agree that much?
Don't be silly, you won't get any acknowledgement of anything negative about the sweet innocent law abiding citizens that choose to move here when they are the cream of the crop of the countries they have left. :D

I agree completely with you......but there are trends that follow with certain cultures? Would you at least agree that much?
Well without the jesting, I for one would agree with this point.

I have a particular distaste for Somalians that spit all the time.

Just an observation anyone can make and form an opinion on.

And the inventor of Bourbon was a Welshman, but they don't call it Welsh Whiskey.:hihi::hihi:

As you noted, the recipe for KFC (why is it no longer called Kentucky Fried Chicken? is a secret.

Nobody seems to know what the meat is, for a start. (I've never come across 4-legged chickens. ;))

Sometimes it's best not to ask too many questions

One last question for you BF and I will leave you alone....

Imagine a country with a diabolical record of behaviour, standards of living, human rights etc....I won't pick one....

If it was announced that 20000 of the citizens of this country were going to move into a large area of Sheffield, would you have any concerns? Or would you think they are still people they are bound to be OK?

Just wondered.

It's a pretty hypothetical question azazel, I'd be concerned if 20000 inmates of UK prisons were disgorged into my local community, or 20000 dog owners or 20000 residents of Moss Side or 20000 Sunday drivers or 20000 Wednesdayites. I believe immigration is sufficiently controlled that it's unlikely 20000 people from a foreign country would descend on one area of Sheffield in one swoop.

If these people did arrive would the history of their country have any bearing on my attitude towards them? Maybe so, maybe not-they could well have been victims of the harsh regime and been fleeing it, it wouldn't necessarily reflect badly on them. In fact I dont generally form negative views on individuals until they've given me a reason to do so.

History has often proven that people fleeing evil regimes can have a lot to offer their new hosts-Jewish refugees following WWII and the Ugandan Asians who arrived here in the 70's after upsetting Idi Amin are a couple of examples.

It's a pretty hypothetical question azazel, I'd be concerned if 20000 inmates of UK prisons were disgorged into my local community, or 20000 dog owners or 20000 residents of Moss Side or 20000 Sunday drivers or 20000 Wednesdayites. I believe immigration is sufficiently controlled that it's unlikely 20000 people from a foreign country would descend on one area of Sheffield in one swoop.

If these people did arrive would the history of their country have any bearing on my attitude towards them? Maybe so, maybe not-they could well have been victims of the harsh regime and been fleeing it, it wouldn't necessarily reflect badly on them. In fact I dont generally form negative views on individuals until they've given me a reason to do so.

History has often proven that people fleeing evil regimes can have a lot to offer their new hosts-Jewish refugees following WWII and the Ugandan Asians who arrived here in the 70's after upsetting Idi Amin are a couple of examples.

The two groups you mention were pretty well educated to start with and the Uganda Asians were entrepreneurs owning most of the businesses in that country. They wouldn't have much problem adapting to a new environment over time.

On the other hand 20,000 refugees completely illiterate, most of whom never had a job. some with criminal records would indeed pose a problem.

[/b]

The two groups you mention were pretty well educated to start with and the Uganda Asians were entrepreneurs owning most of the businesses in that country. They wouldn't have much problem adapting to a new environment over time.

On the other hand 20,000 refugees completely illiterate, most of whom never had a job. some with criminal records would indeed pose a problem.

I was just answering the question that azazel asked, there are many here who despised the Ugandan Asians when they came as well as the Jews after WWII, it's only our knowledge of history that enables us to reflect positively on them, many wouldn't have given them a chance in the first place.

We may well come to appreciate the contributions of 'spitting Somalians' with time. ;)

Archived