Silent phonecalls

I am getting two or more phonecalls every day where the number is not registered and when we pick up there is no one there. Now I know the sensible thing to do would be to ignore these calls but a member of my family is in africa and when they call no number is registered so I can't not answer as it might be them. Does anyone know if BT can do anything to help - tried to ring them last weekend but was waiting ages to speak to someone (after I'd got through their press 1 for... press 2 for... system)

Anyone got any bright ideas on how to deal with this?

Agree with above but dont register through BT as they may charge you for it. Type TPS into Google and register on line for free, it takes 28 days to take affect and if you tell any cold caller you are on it they will leave you be as the company can get hefty fines for calling TPS registered numbers. It wont stop international numbers though.

Archived