Would society improve with the extinction of man?

Would the world benefit from the extinction of men?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would the world benefit from the extinction of men?

But what about the human need for sex?

This will no doubt continue in similar form to womens aids as they do now I suspect. That portion of life can be substituted and replicated.

Not realy, it's just a question, do you envisage a world without rumpy-pumpy ?

Not at all. I never suggested otherwise ;)

I agree with DaFoot, certain types of women would just rise up the food chain and replace certain types of men. Unless we found a totally foolproof way of raising children without any hangups instilled by their upbringing, there'll always be violent people who start fights and want to browbeat other people. We're animals, we just happen to have a forebrain and usually a veneer of civilisation masking it. But in essence, we think and react about the basics of life and survival just like any other animal. In fact, we're worse, because of our active imaginations, we can think up ways of being evil that no other animal could dream of.

Added to which, we're designed to be in a two sex couple, with exceptions, of course. Life would be utterly boring without men. Who would we have to flirt with, for a start?

DaFoot does make an interesting argument about certain women taking up the void where the dominant and 'alpha' male left off. I'm not sure it would be filled in the same way with the predisposition to violence and war but I expect some form of dictatorship would come along.

Power corrupts as they say.

Archived