Would society improve with the extinction of man?

Would the world benefit from the extinction of men?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would the world benefit from the extinction of men?

I don't see most men doing anything like that either. Unless they were being paid for it!

I've knocked down a stud wall, installed a sink, tiled a shower stall and changed light fittings in the past, but I've never dared try to build a wall! So you beat me hands down there.

Back on topic, please ... would exterminating men improve society? I still say no, for their decorative purposes alone, we should keep the goodlooking ones at least ;)

I forgot mention that she wanted a gazebo in the back garden and I built her one and also installed a water fountain.

Construction was my profession however so in all fairness I did have the advantage over her.

If you only kept the good looking males then that would eliminate 2/3 of us me included. Wouldn't be long before you'd all be fighting over what's left :hihi:

So, if men vanished overnight, how would women cope? Would spiders and mice run amok unhindered, and the streets be littered with broken down cars and washing machines? Would sewers overflow and roads have even bigger potholes? Would they bother with make-up and high heeled shoes, fancy underwear etc? Would hairdressers go out of business? Who would buy their drinks at the pub? Would they listen to one another in Parliament? Would they flourish or perish?

That's 3 women Harleyman out a population of billions. Compared to men who are naturally aggressive in their basic nature. It's an inbuilt mechanism where as I assume in women, it isn't. So yes I believe the majority of the planets ills would evaporate with the extinction of men.

If you look at it objectively of course.

I dunno, I can muster up a fair bit of aggression - sometimes justified, sometimes not.

Women are supposed to be less aggressive - there's still a lot of people who think women naturally want to please and appease - but I'm inclined to think that's got more to do with nurture than nature.

How well do people think this thread would go down if the Op was suggesting that society would be better without women?

Not so well, methinks.

I think we're just trying to discuss it objectively. The op seems to feel that men are aggressive, territorial and warlike by nature and continually innovative, not always in a good way, and that women are less likely to pollute and destroy the planet, partially because we seem to be more content with the status quo.

Getting rid of the men would mean that the human race would be able to continue naturally, with very few men as the inseminators, or even just stored semen, or cloning ... whereas as it wouldn't work the other way round?

I'm on your side, I think we should keep you. We can manage without you, of course, but we don't really want to. A good man is as good as a good thing can be! ;)

So an another assumption in this Female Utopia of lesbian love is that there would be no rivalries, differences in opinion on how states and societies should be run, differences in culture and religious beliefe that might not cause conflict at some time and that the instinct for power would not be a factor.

Men might have an instinct for aggression but women have a tendency to become emotional and less patient during discussions or where differences of opinion are concerned. How would a United Nations composed purely of women function? That would be a very interesting sight to see

United Nations in the notion of their use now I expect would cease to exist as a female only populous is much MUCH less likely to need a peace keeping force. There wouldn't be war for it to be necessary.

Are you saying that sexual urges in women would no longer exist?

No not at all, but not all women will have tendencies of a bisexual nature but all humans require some form of companion. As some have said, we're not built to be lonely creatures. We require other human presence in some form (the majority do that is). Therefore those women would mate for companionship while fulfilling their sexual urges in other ways that are technologically possible.

Archived