Why Should Britain be in the EU

Well we have to let in EU nationals without hindrance...
How does that answers Tony's request, in view of the Phoenix One quote :huh:

What causality is there between "letting in EU nationals without hindrance" and "Nearly 80% of the UK's laws now are made by unelected bureaucrats in the EU" :huh:

How does that answers Tony's request, in view of the Phoenix One quote :huh:

What causality is there between "letting in EU nationals without hindrance" and "Nearly 80% of the UK's laws now are made by unelected bureaucrats in the EU" :huh:

I was backing up the lack of legal rights to control our borders...so there :)

I was backing up the lack of legal rights to control our borders...so there :)
The UK is legally bound in respect of fellow EU Member States (maybe also Commonwealth Member States :huh:), but has otherwise full control over immigration from non-EU States.

Part and parcel of this binding is that UK nationals likewise and reciprocally enjoy full freedom of movement and establishment throughout the EU.

So, by that line of thought (I'll not call it reason...for obvious reasons) FR, DE, BE, NL, IT, ES, etc, etc are equally "lacking in legal rights to control their borders" :rolleyes:

Within that context, the UK chose not to impose temporary quotas for more recently-acceding EU Member States (Poland springs to mind). Other prominent EU countries chose the other way (France springs to mind, again about PL accession).

So there theeself :)

The UK is legally bound in respect of fellow EU Member States (maybe also Commonwealth Member States :huh:), but has otherwise full control over immigration from non-EU States.

And this is due to membership of the EU...you're just agreeing with me....we don't have full control of our borders...

And this is due to membership of the EU...you're just agreeing with me....we don't have full control of our borders...
You will first have to define what you mean by "full control of borders", before alleging that I agree with you. I note that you have in the meantime shifted the goalpost already, since we were originally talking about "lacking in legal rights".

EDIT - and your point still does not explain why and how this facet of EU membership relates to the fiction that 80% of British legislation is dreamt up and implemented by EU employees :P

Archived