Vodaphone protests on saturday

This is what we need, consumers voting with their feet at any such commercial outrages identified. I hope the action sends out a message. I don't want riots, just 'fairness'. We're all in it together after all. ;)

We are all in it together and come elections we can all use our feet again to vote our way out of it :D

We are all in it together and come elections we can all use our feet again to vote our way out of it :D

I think if this sets a trend for civil disobedience and voting with metaphorical feet in commercial terms, that'll have far more effect than political lobbying. If this is the system we have to live with, lets play them at their own game. The customer is always right. :D

Yes changing their phone provider is something the majority of people can do, unless your stuck in some contract.

Anyone with PAYG could boycott these though. If they had a 90% drop in PAYG sales it would give a strong message if nothing else.

If we are all going to be in this lot together from now on then we need to be a bit more pro active and be heard in protests and the ballot box. :D

Yes changing their phone provider is something the majority of people can do, unless your stuck in some contract.

Anyone with PAYG could boycott these though. If they had a 90% drop in PAYG sales it would give a strong message if nothing else.

If we are all going to be in this lot together from now on then we need to be a bit more pro active and be heard in protests and the ballot box. :D

I'm afraid money is the only language these so-and-sos understand. So let's get fluent in it.

I'm thinking of buying as much as I need before the VAT increase, and then not spending for as long as possible. If the country did this, they'd crap themselves. I'd love to drive past empty Tescos, and Primarks, and see people just window-shopping in town, for a change and a laugh. :hihi:

People forget the power of the British public's purse! Remember RATNERS anybody?:hihi:

This country relies on our spending power. The super rich don't spend anything in comparison, they just bank it all overseas.

I'm also wondering whether to withdraw my money from my savings account in protest at the banks. It's earning naff all interest in their anyway.

Perhaps if you answered the question instead of resorting to sarcasm, you might actually find they supported the protest.
As my reply to this stupid comment of yours has been removed can you please enlighten me as to what you mean ?

You have at every opportunity and topic attacked my posts, can you please explain what you mean before I complain to the help desk for the moderation on this topic. You get to make rash remarks that have no substance or even logic and I am supposed to ignore them while the stupid comment you make gets to stay up ?

Im screen printing every instance from now on that is biased because the help desk does not see any of it, the moderators see the complaint and then clean the mess up and make you out to be a liar.

At what point heading north does the poster I quote and sarcastically post to, actually 'support the protest' ? :loopy:

Vodafone had reached its agreement with HMRC to pay £1.25 billion on July 22

Obviously it was all above board. If our system has loopholes then someone will take advantage of it.

Why pick on Vodafone when thousands of entities are doing similar things every day of the week?. Maybe on a smaller scale but it all counts.

Vodafone are not at fault for the state of our economy. 10 years ago this wouldn't have even made the news. If you are looking for a scapegoat you need to look elsewhere.

Archived