Should fertility treatment be free on the NHS?

Isthis what you do when you are not getting your own way??

I am aware I don't share the same views as everyone, and vic versa, however the difference is love I have more respect for people feeling on such matters.

jeeeeez how are you being respectful? You are just badmouthing the people that disagree with you and claiming that we aren't backing up our points.

Ive shown in this thread that im open minded and that i respect peoples choice of which way they want to become a parent!! I blatently said im fine with you choosing adoption and i didnt even respond negatively when you said that you disagree with AC because its not natural!!! (most people would have jumped on you if they disagree, i didnt!!!!!) I have NOT called anyones choice 'selfish'

But you're not understanding that I am not using the word selfish, in a nasty vindictive way. It IS selfish. And I cannot understand why a lot of these people don't think of adoption as an option. I didn't say ALL, because as you previously pointed out, not all can.

But you're not understanding that I am not using the word selfish, in a nasty vindictive way. It IS selfish. And I cannot understand why a lot of these people don't think of adoption as an option. I didn't say ALL, because as you previously pointed out, not all can.

So let me clarify, if someone considers all options and chooses AC are they being selfish because they didnt choose to go down the adoption route?

Isthis what you do when you are not getting your own way??

I am aware I don't share the same views as everyone, and vic versa, however the difference is love I have more respect for people feeling on such matters.

that was a bit offensive being as you know nothing about me. I may have a lot more respect for peoples feelings than you but you have decided because I disagree with you on one point that I do not.

there's nothing like an amazing over generalisation though is there;)

So let me clarify, if someone considers all options and chooses AC are they being selfish because they didnt choose to go down the adoption route?

Well technically yes, by definition of selfish they are. But, I understand as you have said that it is not right for all and not all can.

You were being hurtful by saying that you hope I can't adopt!!!

Let me rephrase then: If SS adoption team turn you down because they feel you have narrow minded views and will not respect other peoples views and call them selfish for chosing AC rather than adoption, then i Agree with their decision.

What SS will make a point of telling you in the 3rd part of the adoption process is that a person who chooses adoption does not have the moral highground over someone who chooses AC!!

Let me rephrase then: If SS adoption team turn you down because they feel you have narrow minded views and will not respect other peoples views and call them selfish for chosing AC rather than adoption, then i Agree with their decision.

What SS will make a point of telling you in the 3rd part of the adoption process is that a person who chooses adoption does not have the moral highground over someone who chooses AC!!

or they would congratulate her use of the english language!

Are you not allowed to adopt if you think adoption is the nicest thing you can do? seems a bit backwards!

Archived