Should fertility treatment be free on the NHS?

It is illegal to buy sperm on the internet. I remember a couple of lesbians on here trying to do so not long back.

I never said it was illegal or not, fact is people do buy it ??

I was saying that the poster wanted to control who should and shouldn't have IVF and mentioned there should be 2 parents to bring a baby into the world. so I mentioned buying sperm as an example of not having two parents and families that have 1 parent for any other reason.

Just to clear that up.

I never said it was illegal or not, fact is people do buy it ??

I was saying that the poster wanted to control who should and shouldn't have IVF and mentioned there should be 2 parents to bring a baby into the world. so I mentioned buying sperm as an example of not having two parents and families that have 1 parent for any other reason.

Just to clear that up.

Aye. It's all very strange.

If they were using the forum to find unprotected sex, they wouldn't be breaking the law. But the outcome would be the same.

It is illegal to buy sperm on the internet. I remember a couple of lesbians on here trying to do so not long back.

It isn't illegal to search for a sperm donor privately and to carry out the process without any help from an external agency it all, however because of the potential legal complications it is strongly advisable to involve a solicitor at the very minimum.

Not neccasarily my freind mentiond in the above posts partner has 3 children to his ex partner but my friend has non of her own should she be denied the chance of her own baby? .

Not necessarily. In Sheffield if you have no children you're entitled to six rounds of IUI and one round of IVF. If one of you has children you're entitled to nada free.

no

its not a necessity, you can have kids or not have kids, its a "lifestyle" choice.

its not like its a health matter or even a matter of life or death

But if you have earache, IBS, verucas, atheles foot or piles you'll get treated for them for free by the NHS and they're not life or death either.

The thing is as well is that if you don't have children you pay the highest rate of tax and don't get the breaks people with children have which makes you even less likely to be able to pay for fertility treatment yourself.

Although I feel sympathy for anybody struggling to have children naturally, I don't agree with it being funded by the NHS. I have no problem with people having IVF or any other fertility treatment if they fund it themselves. People might think that cruel but imo the NHS is for treating sick people. I also feel the same about cosmetic surgery (with some exceptions like recontruction after accidents etc).

But if you have earache, IBS, verucas, atheles foot or piles you'll get treated for them for free by the NHS and they're not life or death either.

The thing is as well is that if you don't have children you pay the highest rate of tax and don't get the breaks people with children have which makes you even less likely to be able to pay for fertility treatment yourself.

as i said they come under health reasons, you dont choose to have a verrucca or piles? well apart from jabbers, he prolly does, plus all those generally hurt and get worse after time

you can live quite fine WITHOUT children, its a lifestyle choice if you decide to have a child

theres also other avenues to have a child, not always ivf on the nhs

Archived