Should fertility treatment be free on the NHS?

definitely not.

The panet is overpopulated and helping people conceive who can't conceive naturally is survival of the unfittest. We are breeding a problem into our population that will require more and more treatments.

Please define "problem!" i would say your talking out of your

Backside, but i want to be 100% sure what you mean first!!

I'm not saying they should be denied it...

I just believe things should either be done naturally, or not at all. But that's my harsh view, that I wasn't going to express but I shall now :D (and before anyone throws abuse at me, chances are I can't have children... so I'm actually being mean to myself :D )

I totally respect peoples choice of view, and dont mind you saying 'conceiving should be natural or not at all' because i respect that people feel differently and thats fine by me.

However i think you should have said in your previous post that people are selfish to not think about adoption, because any respect i had for your 'choice' has gone because of your ignorance of others views. I would not call you

Selfish or whatever just because you have a different view!

Nataliie thats you view and entirely your right to choose what you want to do in that situation, but whats unfair is to all the others who don't think the same, you can't call them selfish because they desire to have children, which through no faut of their own can't.

Exactly. Ive just said i 'respect' her different view on assisted conception. However i dont respect her for calling people selfish. EVERYONE including Natalie should realise assisted conception/adoption/fostering is a personal choice and people should not be judged for only considering 1 of those options!!!!!

So? That's maybe in a few cases, it doesn't stop the other thousands of people from adopting or even long term fostering. I may not be able to have children, and I shall try adopting or fostering in the first cases. I think it's selfish that so many people don't even see it as an option...

You have your views, I have mine :)

Erm, I actually did...

But anyway, I don't need you to respect my views :D

I could answer that if i knew what percentage of nhs funding covered what.

What i will say is people with pcos should have free ivf because having a child can rid the conditions and its a health condition. Its not like a drug abuser or alcoholic who initially choose to take that first drug or that first drink!

Whatever the percentages are,if you use £3k for an IVF attempt that money must come from somewhere else in the NHS budget..where would you prefer it came from?As I said it's not a dig at anyone..just wondering what people's priorities are... :)

Whatever the percentages are,if you use £3k for an IVF attempt that money must come from somewhere else in the NHS budget..where would you prefer it came from?As I said it's not a dig at anyone..just wondering what people's priorities are... :)

Intensive care, we don't need it!!

IVF is much more important :loopy:

Erm, I actually did...

But anyway, I don't need you to respect my views :D

Its now not just your views i dont respect! If you cant be bothered to read anf take in what ive put about everyone making their own decisions and being respected for choosing any form of being a parent then your not wortg talking to. In fact if you cant respect people have thr right to choose either assisted conception/adoption/fostering etc... Without being called names like 'selfish' then i can tell you straight away the adoption social assigner who assesses you that they will refuse you for adoption anyway!! When assessing

Couples one of the criteria is that you respect individuals views and are open minded, clearly you would fail.

Exactly. Ive just said i 'respect' her different view on assisted conception. However i dont respect her for calling people selfish. EVERYONE including Natalie should realise assisted conception/adoption/fostering is a personal choice and people should not be judged for only considering 1 of those options!!!!!

Just to get in trouble....

Is there any unselfish reason for having your own child rather than adopting an unwanted child?

I can't think of one!

Its now not just your views i dont respect! If you cant be bothered to read anf take in what ive put about everyone making their own decisions and being respected for choosing any form of being a parent then your not wortg talking to. In fact if you cant respect people have thr right to choose either assisted conception/adoption/fostering etc... Without being called names like 'selfish' then i can tell you straight away the adoption social assigner who assesses you that they will refuse you for adoption anyway!! When assessing

Couples one of the criteria is that you respect individuals views and are open minded, clearly you would fail.

Ermmm... It said I THINK THEY'RE SELFISH FOR NOT EVEN THINKING OF IT AS AN OPTION.

You seem incapable of accepting others views.

Have you been through the adoption process? Because I know many people who have adopted.

If you shout abuse at everyone who doesn't agree with you, then it's you with the problem.

And as I said before, I couldn't really care less whether you respect my views or not.

Archived