Direct debit question

HSBC will cover payments out, provided you're back in credit by close of business the same day. No bounced cheques, ddms or charges. So if you're with them, you should be ok.

Santander / Alliance and Leicester do the opposite (to make money do doubt). Debits come before credits and if you go 1p over drawn expect a nice charge. They don't care if was covered later that day.

Santander / Alliance and Leicester do the opposite (to make money do doubt). Debits come before credits and if you go 1p over drawn expect a nice charge. They don't care if was covered later that day.

That as to be wrong you can’t be overdrawn and in credit on the same day or that’s what I was told, ask to speak to the organ grinder instead of the monkey when you go in to complain.

That as to be wrong you can’t be overdrawn and in credit on the same day or that’s what I was told, ask to speak to the organ grinder instead of the monkey when you go in to complain.

That's exactly how A&L worked a few months back.

Debits before credits and if you go over your overdraft its a £25 fee to pay the DD .. each and every one of them.

I would be interested to know if that "you can’t be overdrawn and in credit on the same day" was a legal fact.

I'm with Barclays and if I have a DD that comes out on a monday, it will be taken out of my bank on the Friday before which is often very annoying. My friend is with Halifax and if the money isn't in the account the night before then the DD bounces.

I'm with Barclays and if I have a DD that comes out on a monday, it will be taken out of my bank on the Friday before which is often very annoying. My friend is with Halifax and if the money isn't in the account the night before then the DD bounces.
You're not tied to these banks are you? Why not move to a bank that doesn't treat its customers like that.

Barclays are the biggest sharks ever! Just don't have anything to do with their so-called 'personal reserve' is all I can tell you :o

Archived