Fuzz Club Thursday, what sort of music?

TheDude

Not sure if it's still the same, but it used to be heavier rock/punk in the smaller room and indie in the bigger room. Small room was stuff like System of a Down, Limp Bizkit, Pennywise, QoTSA, etc. Big room was Muse, Manics, Ash, etc.

So hard trying to remember what was played - drinks were dead cheap!

The Lovers are playing, who are good, go check em out.

Depending on what band is on you may get some good diverse indie music before the tried and tested ones are played to fill the floor.

It is cheap as well

Some good stuff coming up actually. Check out the Roger Sisters, Long Blondes and Foreward Russia are always worth seeing just to see if the dude singings head is gonna pop :)

I may have to pop down, it's been a while.

hey all, this is my first post, and where better to start than with the Fuzz Club!

In the big room i've heard reel big fish, SOAD, Muse, pretty much as mentioned above.

In the smaller one, and my second home, its a mix of kaisers/pulp/bowie/editors/arctic monkeys/walkmen/cribs/kasabian/hot hot heat/arcade fire....all what you might call the 'in' indie-type bands of the moment, with a few classics inbetween. Its fantastic though; cheap alcolhol, friendly people, great bands, and great music afterwards. have fun! x

Originally posted by LivForever

hey all, this is my first post, and where better to start than with the Fuzz Club!

In the big room i've heard reel big fish, SOAD, Muse, pretty much as mentioned above.

In the smaller one, and my second home, its a mix of kaisers/pulp/bowie/editors/arctic monkeys/walkmen/cribs/kasabian/hot hot heat/arcade fire....all what you might call the 'in' indie-type bands of the moment, with a few classics inbetween. Its fantastic though; cheap alcolhol, friendly people, great bands, and great music afterwards. have fun! x

pretty much theother way round big room plays all the indie small room [lays the rock, Clor are playing tomorrow they are pretty decent, but get down to watch the Lovers the will make you drool.

Anyone else going down the FUZZ tonight?

There is also a brand new night at Hallam Union next Wednesday and very Wednesday the HUBs "become home to the weekly indie rock’n’roll ruckus that is Plan B. Aiming to give you a healthy mix of trashy indie, new-wave punk and any other exciting new sounds we feel like playing every week!

Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, Joy Division, Futureheads, Blondie, LCD Soundsystem, Ramones, Interpol, Hot Hot Heat, Killers, Kings of Leon, Zutons, Strokes, The Clash, Hives, and loads more - (obviously)"

Will be checking this out.think its open to all not just students.....like Fuzz Club..

Archived