Labour - fit for opposition?

Are Labour fit to be in opposition?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are Labour fit to be in opposition?

• Yes
    • No

At least Cameron has the backing of the house. I dont remember labour fighting the 2005 election on the basis of Brown for PM, in fact I remember Tony Blair saying quite emphatically that he was to be PM for a full term. What happened there :huh:

Was that the year the Tories ran the "vote Blair, get Brown" campaign?

I had high hopes that the Labour Party take a good hard look at themselves after the election and reform into something credible and honourable, putting behind them the serious mistakes and many deep injustices of their reign of terror government. It's vital that the nation has a viable and useful opposition that may one day be chosen to govern.

But to date there hasn't been any attempt at providing viable or even credible alternatives to the actions of the current government and yesterday's pre-planned 'ginger rodent' comment seems to typify the ****-sureness that they have nothing to make up for.

Are Labour fit to be in opposition? What do they need to do?

By the same token we don't see the coalition doing much to reverse the many deep injustices inflicted upon us by the last govt.

Ed Milliband isn't going to make much of a show as long as he's lumbered with the old New Labour time-servers sitting on his elbow. How ever is he going to get new talent onto his front bench if he has such limited choice in the matter ?

:huh:

Nick Clegg MP - 2005-Present

Ed Miliband MP - 2005-Present

You are scraping the barrel now Serapis :hihi: you know what I meant, I wonder how long it will be before he returns to being just a MP again that’s if his chums haven’t given him the elbow first.

Johnny-come-lately -A newcomer or latecomer, especially a recent adherent to a cause or trend.

Have you got stats for how long he as been a a Conservative sidekick.

:hihi:

Pity he couldn’t get the backing of the country without being propped up by Johnny come lately.

If the constituencies were as heavily biased towards the Tory party as they are, in fact, biased towards the Labour party, he'd have a majority of 100.

On the other hand, were that the case, Labour wouldn't have won in 2005 and we would not be having this debate at all.

If ....................... such a small word.

It is if you're happy to have governments installed based on bias against the English and bias against the countryside. Otherwise, it's a whomping great huge one and we should all be vastly relieved that the coalition intend to equalise the size of constituencies to eliminate it.

In any event, it shows that the Tory party did, indeed, have "the backing of the country." It wasn't insufficient votes that prevented them having a majority.

It is if you're happy to have governments installed based on bias against the English and bias against the countryside. Otherwise, it's a whomping great huge one and we should all be vastly relieved that the coalition intend to equalise the size of constituencies to eliminate it.

In any event, it shows that the Tory party did, indeed, have "the backing of the country." It wasn't insufficient votes that prevented them having a majority.

If you say so :roll:

CON 36.1%

LAB 29.0%

LD 23.0%

Others 11.9%

Archived