Moon lighting firemen

I'm a joiner, I have no work and am in a real pickle. What is you opinion on people with full time paid jobs working on the fiddle for next to nowt and under cutting trades quotes by profesionals like myself.

For instance I keep loosin work to firemen who will fit a kitchen cash in hand for £300. I generally charge £600 for a medium kitchen which takes about 50 hours. that included plumbing the sink and liazing with the gas fitter and electrician. Fire men work shifts that allow them to work in the day on another job.

Do these cash in handers have liability insurance, do they pay tax, do they care that they are paid by the tax payer. No wonder thay didn't want changes to their shift pattern cos it would **** up there DAY job.

As i'm self employed and my wife work part time I can't get a bean, Sorry for the rant but I have no work and these guys already have a wage and are takin my work. I think I will volenteer as a hobby fireman. Me thinks I'll get sent to Coventry.

I'm a joiner, I have no work and am in a real pickle. What is you opinion on people with full time paid jobs working on the fiddle for next to nowt and under cutting trades quotes by profesionals like myself.

For instance I keep loosin work to firemen who will fit a kitchen cash in hand for £300. I generally charge £600 for a medium kitchen which takes about 50 hours. that included plumbing the sink and liazing with the gas fitter and electrician. Fire men work shifts that allow them to work in the day on another job.

Do these cash in handers have liability insurance, do they pay tax, do they care that they are paid by the tax payer. No wonder thay didn't want changes to their shift pattern cos it would **** up there DAY job.

As i'm self employed and my wife work part time I can't get a bean, Sorry for the rant but I have no work and these guys already have a wage and are takin my work. I think I will volenteer as a hobby fireman. Me thinks I'll get sent to Coventry.

Give yourself a chance, why not like, advertise in your signature for starters?

You will find a lot of firemen are ex trades, they do have to declare extra income jobs some do some don't also some have legit businesses where they employ people .

To be fair i would rather they did what they do than someone on benefits screwing the

system and working on the side,you can't blame someone for having a kitchen fitted where they are going to save themselves a few hundred pounds.

You will find a lot of firemen are ex trades, they do have to declare extra income jobs some do some don't also some have legit businesses where they employ people .

To be fair i would rather they did what they do than someone on benefits screwing the

system and working on the side,you can't blame someone for having a kitchen fitted where they are going to save themselves a few hundred pounds.

I have no prob with poeple moonlighting but when they drive down fair rates just because the already have a full wage in the public sector. What would firemen think if the fire service trained volunteers to do some of their jobs for a less pay? I know of 3 fire men who fiddle all the time in order to drive around in bloody 4 X 4 limos not to put food on the table. They say to quote "so what its a dog eat dog world" Well I aint a dog and these guys need to declare their second income and play the bloody game fair.

I don't think "if scroungers can do it then so can I "is a reasonable defence for tax evasion. In fact you'd be doing yourself a disservice to yourself and your case, almost to the point of giving your brief a heart attack.

as the op says,tradesmen have liability insurance,moonlighters wont.

iv firefighters in my family,they get a run of consecutive days off work after nights,one does long distance driving hgv,another paves driveways,the other plays semi pro football.

its common in the service to have a 2nd job

Archived