Moon lighting firemen

If all emergency services were paid enough in the first place then this discussion would never need to happen....(oh and i'm not part of any of them)

I understand firemens wages are £33000 per year basic is this not a good wage,feel free to chastice me if im wrong.

as the op says,tradesmen have liability insurance,moonlighters wont.

iv firefighters in my family,they get a run of consecutive days off work after nights,one does long distance driving hgv,another paves driveways,the other plays semi pro football.

its common in the service to have a 2nd job

I work for the amb service and I work 12 hr shifts I ant got time or energy to do a 2nd job.. kept on the go at my only job

got to ask though why only bring firefighters into this surely police officers and ambulance staff may have a second job as well. it seems very bitter purely to firefighters.

amb service staff ant got the time or the energy they have to work loads of overtime to even get close to a firemans basic wage

I know of 3 fire men who fiddle all the time in order to drive around in bloody 4 X 4 limos not to put food on the table.

And I know of countless "respectable businessmen" who put people out of work to "cut costs" in order to drive around in bloody 4x4 limos not to put food on the table.

Archived