Trick or treat, what's the protocol?

Are you a home-owner, do you opt for 'trick' or 'treat'?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a home-owner, do you opt for 'trick' or 'treat'?

• Trick
    • Treat
    • Other (please describe)

I took my daughter out round our local area to people we knew. She loved it and they enjoy seeing her. It's one night of the year for kids to dress up and have fun. I opted for treat, sorting all the sweets out so each child got an equal amount. One person on my Nan's road always does a big show of any seasonal day but this year she didn't participate due to something happening last Halloween and I really missed it as it looks great when it's all done up.

The protocol in our street this evening has been this:

Group of squealing children come up to the front gate, fail to read the very plain sign that says that there's a dog loose in the garden, open the gate and start to walk in. Molly, who is playing merrily in the garden hears the gate opening and goes to say hello to the children, who all inexplicably squeal a lot more, run out of the gate and shut it again.

Apparently the word has got around as no further groups have got as far as coming in through the gate.

Archived