Trick or treat, what's the protocol?

Are you a home-owner, do you opt for 'trick' or 'treat'?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a home-owner, do you opt for 'trick' or 'treat'?

• Trick
    • Treat
    • Other (please describe)

Ignore.

Resist the tide of American cultural imperialism. Did "trick or treat" exist in this country 40 years ago? Of course not.

It's for the little "darlings" own good as well, too much sugar makes them hyper and rots their teeth.

Cruel to be kind and all that..... :D

Round here, it's mostly local kids that I know, so it's fun pretending not to recognise them behind the face paint and dracula teeth. A "trick" is usually just an eggshell finish to the front door or a water bomb - nowt really serious.

... Sounds like they are having a fun time out there though .. but it's raining now, so that should soon shift them!

Those wide-brimmed witches' hats keep 'em dry.

We haven't had any trick or treaters this year and probably won't now ... Oh well it's just me and the mini chocolate bars tonight :)

So it's not just me that stocks up on mini chocolate bars. One of these years I'm going to get just enough so I don't end up having to eat the leftovers [sigh!].

We offer fruit or sweets then the onus is on the child to make the healthy choice.

Apples 4 Lollipops 7 Choc bars 8 Dentists are the winners.

Have tried satsumas only to find them, next morning, discarded out front.

Ignore. Resist the tide of American cultural imperialism. Did "trick or treat" exist in this country 40 years ago? Of course not... :D

I resisted for years and years, and then I became a parent.

Ignore.

Resist the tide of American cultural imperialism. Did "trick or treat" exist in this country 40 years ago? Of course not.

It's for the little "darlings" own good as well, too much sugar makes them hyper and rots their teeth.

Cruel to be kind and all that..... :D

Sorry but I'm 57 and I remember going "trick and treating" when I was a nipper so think you're wrong somewhere along the line.

why the hell are people being horrible?yes i understand about teenagers 15 16 ish personay i think its for young ones, my son is 2 and hes been for first time tonight he has absalutly ,loved it what is wrong with kids having an hour of fun and getting sweets?jeezzz christ what is the world coming to, morbid unhappy people really need to get a life, admitadly the ones with lights off and things we diddent go to thats a sign to me, i just cant understand though how people can be so mardy about something for children

Archived