Trick or treat, what's the protocol?

Are you a home-owner, do you opt for 'trick' or 'treat'?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a home-owner, do you opt for 'trick' or 'treat'?

• Trick
    • Treat
    • Other (please describe)

I only took my daughter to people we knew and there was one with a sign up saying sorry no Halloween this year so we moved on. It's only a bit of fun. Buy a small bag of sweets and hand them out. It's not like you have to deal with the aftermath with all the sugar rushing through them. It's not like they are pumped full of sugar 24/7. Do you people who protest hate Christmas carollers too?

it teaches children to be beggars and bullies (no treat? ill damage your property) nothing nice about that.
Oh dear god, there is no telling some people. Trick or treat is a phrase what people say. My daughter can't handle the words Happy Halloween just yet, but she will know as she gets older to not actually follow the 'trick' part through.

it teaches children to be beggars and bullies (no treat? ill damage your property) nothing nice about that.

plus we give aswell we have a massive bowl of sweets aswell sat here handing them out so o he wont be a selfish bully thank you, and im sure any parent would be very insulted of you said there kids would be violet thugs for trick or treating

plus we give aswell we have a massive bowl of sweets aswell sat here handing them out so o he wont be a selfish bully thank you, and im sure any parent would be very insulted of you said there kids would be violet thugs for trick or treating
I'll be down in a minute and if you don't give me a decent amount of sweets I'm going to egg and flour bomb your house :hihi:.

Do kids in England actually resort to petty vandalism (tricks) if not given treats?

It's never happened in my part of the world. When the treats have run out we switch off the porch light and shut the front door which is a sign respected by all not to knock on the door and bother us any further

Archived