What age is too young for having your ears pierced?

. I really regret having mine done due to the pain what was involved etc.

for me, it just stung for about an hour...

I was 6. And it annoyed me massively my mum waited so long- I wanted it done sooner.

My younger sister was 4, but let hers heal, to have it re done at 8.

I think, it depends on the child. Depends on whether its a whim/something they want. I wouldnt, one saturday let any future kid of mine just have them done. But if it was something they really wanted for a while, 5+ I wouldnt have a problem with

I just hate to see babies/pre school kids with pierced ears. It looks disgusting, and more importantly the baby/kid has no choice- you shouldnt be allowed to put a hole in your kid without it making the decision.

I'd say only you as the parent can decide this. I personally was told I had to wait until 14, (I was unimpressed.) but after my Mum took me to a child's birthday party at the age of 9, and saw all my friends with tiny inoffensive studs, she caved.

I felt little pain or discomfort, just heat mainly. And my Mum helped me with the after care.

There are many different views on age, especially in the UK, but these opinions are merely cultural. (Hindu girls getting their nose pierced when they come of age usually 12-15 would shock most non Hindu people)

But what I'm getting at is, if you think they are wise enough to not poke around with them and patient enough to wait until they are fully healed, I'd say go for it.

My sister in law had all my 3 nieces done when they were tiny babies (a few months)

I think on babies and toddlers it looks sssooo tacky! Each to their on though. My child would be minimum 10 (if i gave in to pressure) but ideally about 12-13.

I had mine done god knows how many times from aged 8 and they just kept getting inflamed and infected and then they would heal up. In fact one time tge back of the earring was actually embedded in my swolen pussed up earlobe!!! It turned out i had thick earlobes and the normal earrings what they pierce you with are small stemed, so after my 4th time at about 16yrs old claires accessories gave me longer stemed ones and i was fine.

Archived