Ebay dispute help!

Long story short.

I have sold a laptop on ebay with a charger defect. It was 100% a charger problem, there was a split somwhere in the wire which you had to wiggle to make it charge but then it was fine.

After 2 weeks or so the guy who bought it off me says that its not the charger and that its a problem inside the laptop. He says i knew this and that i took the laptop to pieces because two vises are missing (i have no idea what these are) but i have never opening this laptop up in my life and i have had it since brand new.

I know it was the charger but im not going to be able to prove this to ebay am i

Can anyone give me any advice on where i stand?

Thanks

Hi,

If you got your money okay then make sure ebay dont try to reclaim it from your bank account, tell your bank not to authorise any payments to PayPal regarding this sale, if you explained in your sale of the fault, the bidder knew your item had a fault. Do you state Returns Accepted in your sales page, if not its tough on the buyer, he knew he was buying it with a fault.

Likewise got a problem with ebay, sold a laptop and not been paid, tried to cancel the sale but ebay say i will still have to pay the charges for selling if the buyer refused to withdraw from the the sale. He has stated he wants to proceed but i still have received no payment, e.bay are taking the P..s. .They will get no fees from me for this item.

Hi,

If you got your money okay then make sure ebay dont try to reclaim it from your bank account, tell your bank not to authorise any payments to PayPal regarding this sale, if you explained in your sale of the fault, the bidder knew your item had a fault. Do you state Returns Accepted in your sales page, if not its tough on the buyer, he knew he was buying it with a fault.

Likewise got a problem with ebay, sold a laptop and not been paid, tried to cancel the sale but ebay say i will still have to pay the charges for selling if the buyer refused to withdraw from the the sale. He has stated he wants to proceed but i still have received no payment, e.bay are taking the P..s. .They will get no fees from me for this item.

surley you just file a non paying bidder dispute, if he cant proove he paid then you get your fees refunded

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how well you describe things, ebay will always side with the buyer.If you don't refund the buyer, then ebay or paypal will just take it out of your account.It's crap isn't it, especially as he knew he was taking a chance with the item, and two weeks is rather a long time for him to find out something was wrong.Hope you go on ok with this, but sadly, I fear you won't.

He really is trying to screw me over. I messaged him yesterday telling him i would not refund but ive had no reply and he hasn't opened a dispute yet so fingers crossed.

I did put no returns on my item.

All ive got as proof is a couple of photos of the laptop switched on before it was posted and it was working fine!

Ive got a feeling this won't be enough evidence for paypal/ebay as the buyer usually always wins :(

I really cant afford to give him a refund so if he wins god knows what will happen as i don't have any money

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how well you describe things, ebay will always side with the buyer.If you don't refund the buyer, then ebay or paypal will just take it out of your account.It's crap isn't it, especially as he knew he was taking a chance with the item, and two weeks is rather a long time for him to find out something was wrong.Hope you go on ok with this, but sadly, I fear you won't.

Not true, I bought several items from a seller, one lot turned out to be not as described, another never turned up and the whole lot came from somewhere in Asia not the UK as their advert had stated.

When I put in a complaint to E-Bay and tried to get my money back they basically told me it was my tough luck.

Had you tested it with another charger?

I'm afraid I would agree you should have tested it with another cable, or had it checked and certified by a repair shop. Cables that require 'wiggling' are often a symptom of the charger jack in the laptop itself being faulty, not the cable.

ebay should ask you if your willing to refund him if he decides to take up a dispute.However he,s made a slight error there not only the no returns but also he,s actualy admitted going inside the laptop second hand or not that is a big mistake his claim is void.He should have contacted you without opening it keep those emails.

Archived