Drinking alcohol more harmful than drugs

Indeed. Personally I don't agree but if other drugs are illegal because they have the same effect and results if abused, then alcohol clearly should also be an illegal drug.

Or maybe we should be allowed to make decisions for ourselves, and, using the logic of this argument, the use of all other drugs should be made legal

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/drinking_alcohol_more_harmful_than_drugs.

Another report that suggests the effects of alcohol does more damage than drugs.

Do these reports make any difference?

Will it change the Governments view on re classification.

It certainly seems to me that alcohol is more widely used or may be it is just that due to the fact that it is legal we see people drinking , where drug taking is supposed to be illegal, although it is impossible to police effectively, especially the taking of cannabis( which isnt mentioned , I know, in this particular report)

So, is it just down to the fact that the Govt receives so much duty on alcohol that alcohol will remain a legal substance, or are there other reasons, pubs would go out of business etc.

It would be interesting to see how much alcohol related illnesses cost the nhs compared to drug related ones.

Another report - that you have misquoted with a sentence that might as well be 'Another report that suggests the effects of food does more damage than water', or vice versa, or replace those two words with just about anything. :confused:

Another report - that you have misquoted with a sentence that might as well be 'Another report that suggests the effects of food does more damage than water', or vice versa, or replace those two words with just about anything. :confused:

'Overall, alcohol was the most harmful drug (overall harm score 72), with heroin (55) and crack cocaine (54) in second and third places.'

From The Lancet.

Can see how I have misquoted.:huh:

Archived