How long until I can re-dye my hair?

Last Thursday I dyed my hair dark brown using a colour that claimed to last 8 washes. I used the 8 wash one in case I hated it so it would be gone relatively quickly. What I hadn't bargained on is it fading after only two washes, and I LOVE it. For some reason it's got a slight reddish tinge to it that certainly wasn't on the front of the box, but no matter, it's lovely, and much better then my natural mid brown, mousy colour.

I've got a box of the same colour but the stronger, semi permanent forumla, and all I'm wondering is when it would be ok to put this colour on? I'm feeling a bit iffy about dying my hair twice in a week in case it falls out or something. Being bald wouldn't suit me, I have a funny shaped head :hihi:

I have long dark brown hair(cos i am a hard man lol) and i dye it black all the time. Leave it a few washes first before you put owt else on there it might react to the chemical which was on before.:)

My ex house mate had long hair when he was younger and I got to say it suited him more than his short hair now. :D

Ta katy-that's not too long to wait! Looking forward to making it a bit more permanent-I'll try and miss the tops of my ears this time though :hihi:

Smear a bit of Vaseline round your hairline and on your ears, it's less likely to stain your skin then.

Ahhh ive done 4 bleaches in one day :hihi: But thats cause im not bothered about going bald :help:

It shouldnt hurt, but if you really want to be safe then wait a lil longer. Ive coloured my hair, every month or so for 5 years, it falls out everytime I wash it, big clumps of hair (about 50strands in a clump) so go careful, dont do it every month :D

Archived