20 a day to save the UK?

and would this stop people smoking?

I think not.

There is absolutely nothing that can stop an individual from smoking apart from the individual themselves deciding they want to and this can be for many different reasons.

If they want to stop they will find a way and if they dont find a way then they dont really want to stop.

It is like overeating, it is all in the mind.

Despite this thread being tongue in cheek :) I disagree with this.

and would this stop people smoking?

I think not.

There is absolutely nothing that can stop an individual from smoking apart from the individual themselves deciding they want to and this can be for many different reasons.

If they want to stop they will find a way and if they dont find a way then they dont really want to stop.

We want to encourage people to smoke.

If everybody smoked we could cut the deficit down to 0. And raise 100 billion over 4 years, maybe use it to pay down the DEBT.

We want to encourage people to smoke.

If everybody smoked we could cut the deficit down to 0. And raise 100 billion over 4 years, maybe use it to pay down the DEBT.

Are you going to force non-smokers to smoke?

How about you pay for and smoke my 20-a-day share of cigarettes instead?

x

Are you going to force non-smokers to smoke?

How about you pay for and smoke my 20-a-day share of cigarettes instead?

x

Everybody must make a contribution.

Big society and all that. You could buy the cigarettes and give them to poor children to ensure they become addicted and pay more tax in the future.

Isn't that currently illegal :huh:

x

They just have to be 18 to purchase (was 16 before).

They can grow their own tobacco or smoke it at any age. So if you give them cigarettes for free I don't think there is a problem.

x

C'mon Ash, this topic is deadly serious.

sorry :(:hihi:

Ok so explain....

ok... :shocked:

People smoke because they are physically addicted to nicotine. It is not essential for life, like eating. People over eat because we have evolved to eat when it's available, and the higher calorific value the better to counter when food isn't plentiful. Since food is always plentiful in our country, many people overeat.

If they want to stop they will find a way and if they don't find a way then they don't really want to stop.

Rubbish, few people want to be the smoker of a pointless, expensive drug, that has absolutely no health benefit.

Archived