Kitchen work surface - Opinions please!

We are stuck in a dilemma! :confused:

We are have decided on a black/grey mottled work surface in our new kitchen but we can't decide if to have it in high gloss or normal flat matt?

We would like people who have a high gloss work top in their kitchen to give us their opinion on how they find them?

Are they a pain? Do they scratch VERY easily? Obviously we will be using a chopping board but do you only have to look at them and they scratch??

A few of our friends have high gloss and one says gloss everytime and the other says its a night mare!

Please help! Your opinion is much appreciated!

I had balck gloss in my previos house. Ot looks great but you need to be carefull as it shows every little stratc.

Even sugar and salt can scratch the surface if it gets under a glass or saucer.

This time I went for a worktop called Encore. It's about 3-4mm laminate wrapped around normal chipboard work top, but it can be filled or buffed if it gets scratched.

I would say definately get the matt black finish. There's nothing worse than shiny black surfaces for showing bits, dust and fingermarks. You would be forever cleaning it.

My worktop is black/grey/beige mottled, and non-shiny. Its brilliant, and doesnt show any bits, crumbs etc

Archived