Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

That is probably quite true. But then ITV, Channel 5 and Murdoch do not take £3.5 billion a year of public funding - under pain of a large fine and criminal record.

Interviewer, you make the continous point of how much the BBC costs us, and it seems as thought you view the commercial channels as being free? We pay for them, albeit in a different way, every time we purchase breakfast cereal, washing powder, coffee, toilet roll...

Well you are obviously happy to be lied to, hence your stand on this thread.

My standards are a bit higher than yours.

Evidently not because firstly you are a conspiracy theorist. Secondly your latest conspiracy is against the government mind control tool that is the BBC. It has not crossed your mind that if the BBC were dismantled or turned into a commercial channel then the floodgates would be open for Murdoch to be Britain's Berlusconi. In terms of mind control and lies your darkest fantasies would cease to be fantasies. The fact that the BBC has clashed with the government on the war and other serious issues has also escaped your attention. When did Sky every query the war?

I've been in Sainsbury's tonight. They were up to the same tricks. Rows of intimidating operatives blocking my exit from the store until I'd paid for my shopping.

Disgrace really:roll:

Your post might have some relevance if Sainsbury's behaved in the same aggressive, intolerant manner as the BBC.

Sainsbury's don't write to me on a monthly basis threatening me with a large fine and a criminal record if I don't prove to them that I am not a Sainsbury's customer. Sainsbury's don't send goons to knock very, very loudly on my front door (clearly indicating an urgent matter) at all hours. Demanding to know if I use their services, again under the threat of a large fine and criminal record. Sainsbury's don't want to conduct a search of my property to see if I have any of their products.

So what makes BBC TV licensing (to use its full name) so very different? As a non-customer of Sainsbury's they leave me alone. As a non-customer of the BBC I am on the receiving end of various unpleasant psychological techniques designed to harass and intimidate, with the overall aim of parting me from my money.

Don't be silly. The poll question is loaded. As I've already said I trust the BBC more than I do any other news organisation but I can't answer yes to the question because nobody ever tells the truth 100% of the time. It's a meaningless ideal that can't be met.

In my world, if I don't trust something 100 per cent then I DISTRUST it.

The BBC is a media company. Media companies by and large are politically orientated and will put their slant on things and therefore try to shape the publics' opinions by including, or omitting, specific facts that support or conflict with their own views. Most pedal opinions rather than give facts.

Archived