Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

Unfortunately, people lie, and the BBC owes it to everyone else who is paying the licence fee to ensure that as many people who evade the fee are caught as possible.

But most people do tell the truth about their viewing habits. According to the TV Licensing (TVL) website, 80 per cent of those who inform TVL that they do not use television receiving equipment are telling the truth - but TVL still does not trust them and so sends out its 'enforcers' (goons) to call on them unannounced in their homes.

BBC TV Licensing does not trust its current customers, ex-customers and people who have never been a BBC customer. Yet more reason not to give any money to this greedy bunch of shysters.

Trust must be reciprocal, otherwise one party is being treated as a fool.

Totally true dosxuk but our teenage anarchist friend is too fanatical to comprehend this. He wails about capitalism while simultaneously wanting TV to be entirely market driven. He is also the author of classic lies such as:

UK BBC tv licence fee payers - forced to give cash to the BBC so people in America don't have to.

032 - come back BBC all is forgiven

A confused mix of sixth form ideas and tabloid style campaigning for an unpopular cause.

Oh dear. Your attitude worries me greatly. I have never revealed my age on this forum, so your accusation that I am a "teenage anarchist" is based upon guesswork and false assumptions - like most of your contributions, I'm afraid. Lacking substance, nil point.

And accusing me of being a liar (again). I seem to recall that you are fond of accusing me of things which later you are forced to apologise for. I understand that you wish to personalise this debate, taking the thread 'off topic', as you lack the basic skills necessary to participate in any meaningful dialogue. And perhaps you are upset that your BBC masters are not so well thought of as you may have convinced yourself that they are?

People don't trust the BBC for a variety of reasons. I don't trust the Corporation because it pays people to enter with hostile intentions the private homes of residents who have not committed any crime, and frequently against their will. Just so that Graham Norton can get (extremely well) paid.

How can anybody in their right mind believe that such an organisation is worthy of our trust?

Did anyone see the documentary about the career of David Attenborough a week or two back? While I watched it I thought of INTERVIEWER and his ilk... with pity. What an amazing man and an awesome legacy. And some people genuinely think that SKY is better. :help:

eta: in response to dosxuk's post ^^^

Oh dear. Your attitude worries me greatly. I have never revealed my age on this forum, so your accusation that I am a "teenage anarchist" is based upon guesswork and false assumptions - like most of your contributions, I'm afraid. Lacking substance, nil point.

And accusing me of being a liar (again). I seem to recall that you are fond of accusing me of things which later you are forced to apologise for. I understand that you wish to personalise this debate, taking the thread 'off topic', as you lack the basic skills necessary to participate in any meaningful dialogue. And perhaps you are upset that your BBC masters are not so well thought of as you may have convinced yourself that they are?

Facts young man facts. One of your Salacious Crumbs called me a parasite for supporting the licence fee! As his style of writing was identical to yours (why could that be?) I assumed it was you. He had a different name so I admitted it.

Lies are a different matter and your agenda to trash the BBC means you have lied repeatedly all over this forum. I use the whopper about UK licence fee payers subsidising American viewers because it is so crass and obvious! It's amazing you expect to be taken seriously after that one alone.

Lies are lies and you are telling lies because you are obsessed with stirring against the BBC.

UK BBC tv licence fee payers - forced to give cash to the BBC so people in America don't have to.

032 - come back BBC all is forgiven

Archived