Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

What a silly question.

I don't trust myself 100% of the time.

Incidentally, I was listening to the news item about the BBC's apology on this morning's Today programme, which was the 2nd main headline, and the subsequent interview with Michael Grade who was given time to criticise his previous employer at length, and I wondered what the apology might be like if it over a mistake made by a News Corp company.

Incidentally, in the news today is the chairman of ITV saying his network only makes tat aimed at the lowest common denominator in order to maximise their advertising revenue and a direct reason behind the scrapping of thier acclaimed arts series The South Bank Show was that it didn't attract a big enough audience.

The show held up as an example of how ITV can compete with the BBC and they can't afford to make it anymore! Not really a surprise though, TBH.

Given that the BBC has tonight issued an apology to both Band Aid and Bob Geldoff for false accusations they broadcasted in March, I've relunctantly voted 'No'.

A public statement from the BBC to Bob Geldof reads: 'The BBC had no evidence for these statements, and they shouldn't have been broadcast'.

The days of the BBC being an impartial and accurate news reporter are long gone. Trust the BBC? After smearing Band/Live Aid just to make a juicy story?

Hell NO!!

A public statement from the BBC to Bob Geldof reads: 'The BBC had no evidence for these statements, and they shouldn't have been broadcast'.

The days of the BBC being an impartial and accurate news reporter are long gone. Trust the BBC? After smearing Band/Live Aid just to make a juicy story?

Hell NO!!

I think Bob's comment sums it up best:-

In response, Mr Geldof said: "This was an unusual lapse in standards by the broadcaster and, most critically, the World Service."

Clearly Bob doesn't share your rabid view.

Shame about The South Bank Show though, don't you think?

The BBC also apologised to Band Aid Trustee Bob Geldof for implying he declined to be interviewed "because he thought the subject too sensitive to be discussed openly".

This is a good example of the BBC not letting the truth get in the way of a juicy story. It is the dumbed down BBC up to its dirty tricks again, and only apologising eight months after the completely false reports have done their damage.

The BBC also apologised to Band Aid Trustee Bob Geldof for implying he declined to be interviewed "because he thought the subject too sensitive to be discussed openly".

This is a good example of the BBC not letting the truth get in the way of a juicy story. It is the dumbed down BBC up to its dirty tricks again, and only apologising eight months after the completely false reports.

An example which Bob clearly states is "unusual". You keep omitting that bit, I wonder why ;)

Clearly, they get it right most of the time.

The "dumbed down" channels that are are the ones you'd like to replace the BBC with.

Over three-quarters of voters on this thread now reveal that they don't trust the BBC. Back in its 1970's heyday that figure would have been true for those who did trust it. But the BBC is now a pale shadow of its former self, producing rubbish programmes whilst its journalistic integrity is slowly sinking to the bottom of the swamp...

Archived