Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

Over three-quarters of voters on this thread now reveal that they don't trust the BBC.

That you have to repeatedly misrepresent the poll to make any point at all is telling. Desperation indeed.

Back in its 1970's heyday that figure would have been true for those who did trust it. But the BBC is now a pale shadow of its former self producing rubbish programmes whilst its journalistic integrity is slowly sinking to the bottom of the swamp...

Again, nonsense as usual. They'd have to go quite some way to reach the levels of youir favourite paper, the Daily Mail. A rag that has been proven time and time again to make up stories. Not errors, fabricated lies.

It's hardly got the bias of Sky or Fox News but it's far from the unbiased straight talking source of news we're led to believe it is.

The problem is that too many people in this country are incapable of watching or reading the news with a critical eye and see it for what it actually is so when the BBC are telling us Climate Change is going to kill us all or when Sky tell us it's not the actual content of the debate which is important it's how 'smooth' they look people actually believe it.

Agree'd, Match of the Day followed by The Football League Show :gag:

Match of the day has been getting millions of viewers nearly every week of the football season for almost 50 years, so they must be doing something right. It is the only program I watch through my Tv.

Match of the day has been getting millions of viewers nearly every week of the football season for almost 50 years, so they must be doing something right. It is the only program I watch through my Tv.

Indeed, the point I was trying to make (badly) is that different people watch different shows. I don't really like MotD, or much of the content on BBC3, but I wouldn't say it's dumbed down when it's clearly aimed at a demographic that isn't me.

Moaning that BBC3 ( a channel aimed at teens and adolecants ) is crap when you're middle aged seems to completely miss the point of what the BBC is about and why it exists.

Expecting every channel to carry something that appeals to every person isn't a realistic expectation (IMV), clearly others don't see it that way.

Expecting every channel to carry something that appeals to every person isn't a realistic expectation (IMV), clearly others don't see it that way.

Being forced to pay for channels that don't appeal to us, in this digital age when we can tailor our entertainment packages to suit, is no longer a realistic expectation. Its high time the BBC grew a pair and joined the rest of us in the 21st Century...

Being forced to pay for channels that don't appeal to us, in this digital age when we can tailor our entertainment packages to suit, is no longer a realistic expectation.

No doubt, when I ask what other services that could be applied to, you'll avoid the question by saying it's a ludicrous suggestion ;)

Its high time the BBC grew a pair and joined the rest of us in the 21st Century...

The vast majority seem to appreciate the BBC for what it is and find it is completely relevant in the 21st century. As has been repeatedly stated, when you have poll tax sized demonstrations you might have a point. Until then you don't.

Being forced to pay for channels that don't appeal to us, in this digital age when we can tailor our entertainment packages to suit, is no longer a realistic expectation. Its high time the BBC grew a pair and joined the rest of us in the 21st Century...

There's a significant number of channels I don't want and will never watch but have to pay Sky for the priveledge of receiving, how is that any different?

An example which Bob clearly states is "unusual". You keep omitting that bit, I wonder why ;)

Clearly, they get it right most of the time.

The "dumbed down" channels that are are the ones you'd like to replace the BBC with.

Because he's got a Stalinist idea of campaigning, airbrushing out inconvenient facts while still expecting to be taken seriously. Amazing.

UK BBC tv licence fee payers - forced to give cash to the BBC so people in America don't have to.

Interviewer - 032 - come back BBC all is forgiven

Archived