Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

My point is this: 'The Daily Mail' does not send round large men to my home, who bang aggressively on my doors and windows whilst demanding entry.

'The Daily Mail' does not demand that I give entry to its employee's in order to search my home for copies of 'The Daily Mail' - under threat of a court appearance and large fine.

'The Daily Mail' does not send me threatening letters demanding that I purchase a copy of the newspaper.

Pay your TV licence then, or are you saying that if the BBC were right-wing tory bullyboys you'd be happy to pay the fee?

Pay your TV licence then, or are you saying that if the BBC were right-wing tory bullyboys you'd be happy to pay the fee?

I oppose fascism and ageism, so would never pay the BBC TV licence fee if the BEEB was right wing, left wing or Monster Raving loony. It makes no difference - I simply will not pay. They can put me in prison for this 'subversive' attitude if they wish, but I still will not pay.

I oppose fascism and ageism, so would never pay the BBC TV licence fee if the BEEB was right wing, left wing or Monster Raving loony. It makes no difference - I simply will not pay. They can put me in prison for this 'subversive' attitude if they wish, but I still will not pay.

So why moan if you consider the BBC to be left-wing?

My trust in the BBC has waned a lot since working in Manchester. I would hear interviews in full on the way over to work and it was always amazing how tiny parts were taken wildly out of context to say things that obviously weren't intended by the interviewee by the evening...

I agree. This poor journalism really annoys me. The result, once you've heard them use a small quote out of context a few times, is that you tend to mistrust any single item unless you hear a complete interview. So, in answer to the OP, No I don't trust the BBC, and its their own fault.

Good God no.

They may be one of the most truthful news gathering organisations in the world and a country mile beyond what Fox etc pump out in the USA, but there is no way that you can trust them 100% of the time.

For me the most glaring example of their agenda and the way the apply it, is when they showed footage the wrong way around and made it look like the Queen had flounced out of a photo shoot with Annie Liebovitch then produced a grovelling apology within hours of being caught out.

Compare that with the way they broadcast of footage at Orgreave during the Miners strike. They showed the police being bricked and then leading a cavalry charge in response.( Youtube it ) Every independent person there on the day said it happened the other way around. The Miners threw rocks in response to an unwarranted charge. They were challenged about this from the minute it was broadcast but denied any wrong doing and saying that it was a truthful representation of what happened on the day.

Then ten years later, yes TEN YEARS later, admitted that the footage was shown the wrong way around and had made the police look like the innocent party. Their excuse? In the heat of the moment and with news-deadlines to meet, the two clips were broadcast chronologically incorrect

It makes me chuckle when ever I hear right wingers moan about the left wing bias at the BBC. For all the amount of Dave Sparts lefties knocking about in Broadcasting House, Auntie shows her true colours whenever the establishment is seriously challenged.

You can, if interested, read a rant by Peter Sissons against the left wing bias of the BBC here....published in the Daily Mail :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349506/Left-wing-bias-Its-written-BBCs-DNA-says-Peter-Sissons.html

Very very interesting and a good read. I will view ITN in a better light from now on and watch less BBC News!

shouldnt believe ANYTHING you read and see in the media as instant 100% truths

Totally agree, the media CANNOT be believed 100% and it's dangerous to do so.

Stories can be powerful and controlling, just look at that book about that bloke with those followers all those years back.

If any information is sourced from one outlet then I would presume you'd expect it to be factual. I like to think I source my info from different outlets with opposing views, if only to give me a wider picture. It isn't just about the information received, it's about the type of individual receiving it too.

Archived