Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

Totally agree, the media CANNOT be believed 100% and it's dangerous to do so.

Stories can be powerful and controlling, just look at that book about that bloke with those followers all those years back.

Did anyone see the live report that Tower 7 had fallen and in the background it was STILL standing!!! BBC News reported its collapse 20 MINUTES prior to it ACTUALLY falling!!!

I'm really surprised by this poll, I didn't think any form of media was 100% trusted by anyone, I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of people who voted yes.

Possibly a reaction to those that like to misrepresent the poll:-

Over three-quarters of voters on this thread now reveal that they don't trust the BBC.

Which is patently nonsense to anyone with a brain-cell. It's self evident that you can't trust any news 100% of the time. Though I still feel the BBC does better than most.

I'm really surprised by this poll, I didn't think any form of media was 100% trusted by anyone, I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of people who voted yes.

I think its just a reaction to the horribly biased nature of the poll. I mean, what a stupid question to ask in the first place!

£600 cab ride for BBC Wales

A BBC boss spent £600 of licence payers' cash on a 132-mile cab ride home. Menna Richards, 57, who earns £160,000 a year, took the taxi from London to Cardiff - then put the fare on her expenses because she had been in the capital on business.

An off-peak train ticket between the cities would have cost the BBC Wales controller £44.

Charlotte Linacre of the TaxPayers' Alliance said: "Some taxi rides are unavoidable, but too much is being spent on the luxury of convenience while cheaper options are available."

The BBC yesterday defended Ms Richards - and admitted a taxi driver is always on stand-by for the London to Cardiff run. A spokesman said: "Not only does the taxi afford the best use of travel time but public transport doesn't afford the confidentiality or ease of contact required. Such journeys will sometimes include other BBC Wales board members." A recent survey showed staff at BBC Wales in Cardiff spent £595,551 on taxis in 18 months - £1,000 a day.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3367164/BBC-Wales-controller-Menna-Richards-puts-600-taxi-journey-on-expenses.html

We can't trust these fat cats when they report the news. We can't trust these fat cats when they spend millions on plants for their offices. We can't trust the BBC parasites full stop.

I think the BBC tell the truth because if they didn't they would probably get sued. However, that doesn't mean to say that they don't put their political slant on things, but all media companies do that.

The BBC has £3.5 billion to spend on Lawyers fees, each and every year. Anybody taking on this giant has to have exceptionally deep pockets...

Archived