Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

The results of the poll reveals that the majority of respondents consider that the BBC is not be trusted to tell the truth 100% of the time. This means that these people who voted in this way see the Corporation as being unreliable, untrustworthy, in its output as it does not tell the truth all of the time.

No amount of degrading and offensive posts can alter this truly substantive fact.

Can I ask what the point of the poll was in the first place?

The results of the poll reveals that the majority of respondents consider that the BBC is not be trusted to tell the truth 100% of the time.

Wow, you ony have to be told several tens of times to fnally understand.

This means that these people who voted in this way see the Corporation as being unreliable, untrustworthy, in its output as it does not tell the truth all of the time.

I don't believe that for one second, but then, I am sane.

No amount of degrading and offensive posts can alter this truly substantive fact.

It's not a fact, it's your opinion. One that doesn't stand up to scrutiny by any stretch of the imagination. It merely says that most people don't believe everything they're told, and rightly so. The notion that people believe the BBC is inherantly untrustworthy is simply a nonsense.

However, since it's been asked several times, which organisations do you trust 100% of the time?

Exactly which organisations, using your own criteria, do you trust without question?

The results of the poll reveals that the majority of respondents consider that the BBC is not be trusted to tell the truth 100% of the time. This means that these people who voted in this way see the Corporation as being unreliable, untrustworthy, in its output as it does not tell the truth all of the time.

You are deliberately misrepresenting the results in order to fuel your own arguments. The poll does not indicate even remotely than anyone other than you finds the BBC unreliable or untrustworthy.

There are very few things I would trust 100%, but an awful lot that I would trust in the high 90%s. That does not mean I find everyone and everything untrustworthy, and you know it. The poll is flawed, and was only created in order to discredit the BBC's coverage of the 7/7 attacks.

I would be very interested to know which media publications you do trust 100%...

Chomsky would consider you a Marr. ;)

Although to be fair I guess it depends what you mean by right wing in this context.

The usual definitions:

Right-wing: bosses oriented, conservative, nationalist. Left-wing: worker oriented, radical and egalitarian.

I have my disagreements with Chomsky but where he criticises media bias he speaks with merit. The sidelining of union news and the views of the elected representatives of in some cases many more people than our MPs, most obviously in favour of organisations like the CBI who represent a handful of bosses, but also campaign groups like the misnamed Taxpayer'sAlliance who represent.... a handful of reclusive backers some of whom don't even pay tax in the Uk (which explains why they refuse to condemn tax avoidance).

It can't be trusted full stop. One can occasionally make use of it though.

The usual definitions:

Right-wing: bosses oriented, conservative, nationalist. Left-wing: worker oriented, radical and egalitarian.

If anything Chomsky goes even further - regarding the 'agenda-setting' media as intrinsically linked to the private economy and frequently owned by the bigger corporations.

They are also subject to pressures from 'right-wing' 'flak' machines, in turn sponsored by large corporations, to which they give 'respectful attention' and argues that the right-wing are "well-entrenched" in the mass media.

Chomsky regards liberal attitudes displayed in the media very much as 'this far and no further'.

I quite like Pilger's description as journalists as 'culturally embedded' in the system.

EDIT: should be pointed out that much of Chomsky's writing is dealing with the US media in particular.

Archived