Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time

Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the BBC to tell the truth 100% of the time.

• Yes
    • No

The pro-BBC fanatics will be foaming at the mouth when looking at the results of this poll so far. If the BBC had been in charge of the voting, those who trust the corporation would have been a very comfortable majority.

Don't be silly. The poll question is loaded. As I've already said I trust the BBC more than I do any other news organisation but I can't answer yes to the question because nobody ever tells the truth 100% of the time. It's a meaningless ideal that can't be met.

Do I care that people are answering No? No.

Look, no foam at all.

The pro-BBC fanatics will be foaming at the mouth when looking at the results of this poll so far.

Why on earth would anybody be foaming at the mouth? So if you don't believe something 100% of the time does that mean you must mistrust it all the time?

Why on earth would anybody be foaming at the mouth? So if you don't believe something 100% of the time does that mean you must mistrust it all the time?

The anti BBC fanatic judges everyone by his standards e.g. he foams at the mouth against the BBC so assumes anyone who supports it is just the other side of the coin.

I suspect that the poll figures above, massively weighted in favour of distrusting the BBC, are reflected around the country. The BBC is well aware that the only reason most people pay the BBC TV licence is out of fear, not an appreciation for its dumbed down, untruthful BBC content.

You'd suspect wrong then.

The BBC is still far and away the single most trusted source for political reporting;

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=45249

You cannot trust any media, as they are all twisted to suit the writers personal political bias - Most people just stick to publications and TV news programmes that suits their own views... Everyone has an agenda...

OK but the BBC does have impartiality in its charter, is not subject to the will of advertisers and has managed to upset every political party and point of view over the years. What other news provider can say that?

You cannot trust any media, as they are all twisted to suit the writers personal political bias - Most people just stick to publications and TV news programmes that suits their own views... Everyone has an agenda...

So which of these stories are twisted / biased?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Most news is straightforward reporting of the facts.

You'd suspect wrong then.

The BBC is still far and away the single most trusted source for political reporting;

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=45249

Not on this forum...

Please stop blaming the Question and claiming its loaded, it's futile.

If you can't trust something 100% of the time then there will be doubts about an organisation especially when they are spinning government propoganda on an issue that will affect all our lives.

Archived