Divorce advice needed

I split with my Husband well over 18 months ago now and started divorce proceedings after a couple of months.

The only thing is my Solicitor has tried to trace him with the help of a private detective and via the social security office to no avail.

Im not sure what else to do to get my divorce sorted out.

Can i be granted a divorce after a certain amount of time of being seperated?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Hiya, I am in the same situation. I married and split over 5 years ago. I have been wanting a divorce since. But my solicitor cannot find him. I was initially led to believe that after 5 years they could dissolve the marriage, this is not so clear cut though. When I went after 5 years, they said they still needed to find him to serve the papers to him! It's crazy! Maybe I should have reported him missing to the police, after 7 years aren't they classed as dead?? Thats possibly wishful thinking actually!! :)

Hiya, I am in the same situation. I married and split over 5 years ago. I have been wanting a divorce since. But my solicitor cannot find him. I was initially led to believe that after 5 years they could dissolve the marriage, this is not so clear cut though. When I went after 5 years, they said they still needed to find him to serve the papers to him! It's crazy! Maybe I should have reported him missing to the police, after 7 years aren't they classed as dead?? Thats possibly wishful thinking actually!! :)

Have you looked under the patio slabs at all.:hihi:

I split with my Husband well over 18 months ago now and started divorce proceedings after a couple of months.

The only thing is my Solicitor has tried to trace him with the help of a private detective and via the social security office to no avail.

Im not sure what else to do to get my divorce sorted out.

Can i be granted a divorce after a certain amount of time of being seperated?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

excuse me asking, but are you paying your solicitor? if so --what for? this should be the person to answer your question surely

If you can't find the person you can ask the court to dispense with service of the petition if you can demonstrate you have done everything in your power to find him. Another option is asking the Court to order the DWP disclose his current address (only to the Court you won't see it) the Court can serve him then.

If you are struggling PM me - I will point you in the right direction.

*Meant to say, you have to try and serve the person because they need to know they are divorced or about to be!*

Archived