Rotten Facebook

if you are friends with your um friends, then surely there's no problem ?

Well, I can see my friends' histories with people I am not friends with. Not too happy about people I don't know potentially seeing my stuff. Bit of a contradiction, I know - being on FB and all, but that doesn't mean I like everyone to see my details.

I just want to know ow to turn that particular feature off.

Erm, but it only shows what you have written on their wall/status/events youre both attending etc which anyone can access anyway if theyre on the other persons list :confused:

Ive just written on someones wall, lets call her Lisa.... Lisas friends can see that (same as always)... click see friendship it will tell them what ive commented on her status (same as before) and it'll tell them events we're both attending (as before)

So.... I dont get it :confused:

Well, I can see my friends' histories with people I am not friends with. Not too happy about people I don't know potentially seeing my stuff. Bit of a contradiction, I know - being on FB and all, but that doesn't mean I like everyone to see my details.

I just want to know ow to turn that particular feature off.

I can only see the link on wall posts - and wall posts are only visible to me when I'm friends with both of those people? I think that if you have your wall set to visible to friends only then no-one else should see this link for you unless they are already a friend.

oh well at least we have each other ;):hihi:
I'll drink to that! ;) You should have been there last night, babs, we had a laugh in spite of the rain. Zinger was his usual rowdy self ;)

You and Nick and Scriven still got each other!:love:
Trying to spoil another thread with your Clegg/Scriven obsession? Just go away, please, you tiresome person.

@gina2007 - I thought that if you have your privacy options set right, people can't read what you post on a friend's wall unless you're mutuals? There's often gaps in convos I have, where I can't see the post that prompts the response?

What Scozzie is saying sounds like it's something different? I haven't seen it yet, though.

I can only see the link on wall posts - and wall posts are only visible to me when I'm friends with both of those people? I think that if you have your wall set to visible to friends only then no-one else should see this link for you unless they are already a friend.

I keep setting it to that, but every time FB makes changes, they undo my settings.

I keep setting it to that, but every time FB makes changes, they undo my settings.

You're very unusual then - I have custom settings for everything and they haven't changed in the last two years. As long as you check them and make sure they're the same when they change something it shouldn't be a problem.

I still find the facial recognition concerning though, I haven't found an option to 'opt-out' of that yet.

You're very unusual then - I have custom settings for everything and they haven't changed in the last two years. As long as you check them and make sure they're the same when they change something it shouldn't be a problem.

I still find the facial recognition concerning though, I haven't found an option to 'opt-out' of that yet.

still hoping someone will bite?

Seriously, can anyone find the off button?

I'll drink to that! ;) You should have been there last night, babs, we had a laugh in spite of the rain. Zinger was his usual rowdy self ;)

Trying to spoil another thread with your Clegg/Scriven obsession? Just go away, please, you tiresome person.

@gina2007 - I thought that if you have your privacy options set right, people can't read what you post on a friend's wall unless you're mutuals? There's often gaps in convos I have, where I can't see the post that prompts the response?

What Scozzie is saying sounds like it's something different? I haven't seen it yet, though.

Clegg and Scriven on FB ????? What's life coming to ??

Clegg and Scriven on FB ????? What's life coming to ??
You'd better ask wednesday1, he seems to know all about it. I think he must be stalking them or something, or maybe he's stalking me? :suspect:

I've had a look on my FB, Scozzie and don't seem to have what you describe. Maybe they're rolling it out gradually across the site?

Archived