Did I just hear right? Giving prisoners a vote??

I think if a prisoner is due to be released during the term of the next parliament, then allowing them to vote is fair enough. Anybody whose release is at least 5+ years away, should not get a vote.

What's more unfortunate is our country being dictated to by the EU.

There was a soundbite on the news this morning from a prisoner - John Hirst, a lifer convicted of the murder of a woman - who instigated the matter with the Euro Court, who said something along the lines of "who will be next in having the vote taken off them?".

Erm, considering it was taken away in 1870 and since then people have been given the vote, I'd say none.

I have no problems with this. After all, most MPs are a hair-breadths away from being criminals.

So let prisoners have the vote. As more people realise that politicians are scum, somebody will have to vote for them.

Case in point. When you buy your poppy, they are trying to raise £36m to keep the homes going etc. Contribution from the Government? Nothing. Contribution from the Government towards Pakistani floods? £140m. I rest my case.

I have no problems with this. After all, most MPs are a hair-breadths away from being criminals.

So let prisoners have the vote. As more people realise that politicians are scum, somebody will have to vote for them.

Case in point. When you buy your poppy, they are trying to raise £36m to keep the homes going etc. Contribution from the Government? Nothing. Contribution from the Government towards Pakistani floods? £140m. I rest my case.

so your reason for being happy about murderers, rapists, paedophiles, petty criminals, fraudsters getting a say in the way they are controlled is that mps are also criminals?

no-one could fault your logic:hihi:

Archived