Did I just hear right? Giving prisoners a vote??

Not read all the posts but isn't it nice that we are all in it together, all the money they are saving by cutting this that and the other and now we hear there could be hundreds of millions of pounds being paid out in compensation to inmates.:loopy:

Thankfully these days the right to vote is universal, women no longer have to justify why they should be able to vote. If someone is to be excluded from having the right to vote then surely the onus is placed upon the excluder rather than the excluded to prove why they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Someone who by their actions/conduct has forfeited the right to live in society should not be allowed to vote in a society that has nothing to do with them.

Someone who by their actions/conduct has forfeited the right to live in society should not be allowed to vote in a society that has nothing to do with them.

My understanding is that the proposal is to allow prisoners sentanced to less than 4 years to be able to vote. In the majority of cases they would be out of jail for at least a part of the term of the government formed following the election they had voted in.

I fully agree long term prisoners should not be able to vote but short term prisoners who are going to be released in society may well benefit from thinking about the issues society faces in making their choice for who to vote for and in some cases may make them better people on their release which can only benefit society.

I can now see why you have so many people on ignore.

Your post I answered is there for all to see and you was wrong but can never be adult enough to admit it.

Please add me to your ignore list.

because as I replied immediately to you the first time, you have misunderstood me. There is nothing to admit!

Archived