Did I just hear right? Giving prisoners a vote??

Yes, he had me there as well.

Not that it makes any difference to his argyument - if the law changes and somebody in jail is no longer guilty of a crime, they would be released.

A turkey would not vote for christmas.

A turkey in jail would not be able to vote against christmas.

what reasons?

Well all the cases mentioned on this thread were not mistaken identity.

Stefan klishko convicted by police who did not do their job.

Birmingham six convicted by a government desperate for someone to pay.

Guilford four corrupt police.

Colin Stagg failed by the forensics. etc etc.

I don't suggest there are possibilities, but I state that in practical terms the number of people falsely imprisoned is so small that it's not worth worrying about.

Top attitude.:roll::roll:.

I'm alright Jack.:roll::roll:.

Try telling that to Stefan Kisko and his mum.

Well all the cases mentioned on this thread were not mistaken identity.

Stefan klishko convicted by police who did not do their job.

Birmingham six convicted by a government desperate for someone to pay.

Guilford four corrupt police.

Colin Stagg failed by the forensics. etc etc.

I dont know these cases but it seems from what you have written that the brum 6 was mistaken identity as was colin stagg? they were convicted of something they didn't do.

That wasn't what I was originally asking, I was asking who the people were that had been jailed correctly but still had morals and were not bad people.

ie why should people that have justifiably been convicted be given a vote

I only heard the headline but was it an EU ruling?

Its utterly ridiculous and I hope it doesn't happen!

Not an EU ruling, but it nevertheless derives from 'Europe' - in this case from a ruling by the European Court of Human Rights, which is a Council of Europe body based in Strasbourg. This is the same Court which has effectively prevented the UK from deporting suspected foreign terrorists and similar undesirables on the grounds that their human rights could be violated.

There is an EU connection, however, and this relates to provisions in recent EU treaties which, in effect (although there is some dispute about this) enshrines the principles upon which the ECHR is based into EU law.

I dont know these cases but it seems from what you have written that the brum 6 was mistaken identity as was colin stagg? they were convicted of something they didn't do.

That wasn't what I was originally asking, I was asking who the people were that had been jailed correctly but still had morals and were not bad people.

ie why should people that have justifiably been convicted be given a vote

Not the post I was answering to you , you said apart from mistaken identity you could not see any other reason for innocent people to be locked up.

Now I have shown you some other reasons.

Wrong forensic evidence is not mistaken identity it is neglect of duty.

Policemen don't convict people, Juries do that.
I think juries would have significant difficulty in arriving at their decisions if Policemen did not first arrest criminals and collect evidence to support their convictions.

Archived