Jazz Bars, Piano Bars?

fred varjak

Hi,

I'm new to the area. Does anyone know of any Jazz bars or quiet piano bars / late night coffee houses in the area? I'm from London where most places are open late and soho has lots on offer... ideally i would like to find a nice quiet place late in the evening to play the piano or listen to some good music

Thanks

Bukowski's was ace. Shame it closed.

The Showroom used to sometimes have someone playing the piano through the day on a Sunday, but doesn't sound like what you are looking for.

I would be interested in anywhere like this too. To the best of my knowledge there isn't anywhere in Sheffield though.

There's another thread about a new place called bar and grill which might fit the bill- here's the post

''new bar grill opening in sheffield 12th november

live music with a grand piano

great bar with cocktails , wine and beers

food is all made in house serving steaks to seafood

homemade pies , sausage and mash with 20 different kinds

desserts are all made by our chefs with homemade icecream''

The new sylvesters on campo lane is still Live music ,and actualy now that we have a proper stage we can do so much more.We are always looking for musicians to play so in response to the new person who's just moved to sheffield come down and intruduce yourself.Ps this Friday 5th Nov we have Vernon lewis and his Soul Project --On Saturday 6th Nov we have Reverand Chunky and his band playing some great jazz funk and soul.We are open until (2am fri -sat)

Archived