Ladies-- Have you had an ovarian cyst drained?

Hello.

I found out a couple of months ago the I have an Ovarian Cyst.

I was totally surprised as I've had no pain and the cyst was found by having a scan done on my kidneys.

The doctor wants to drain the cyst vaginally and I'm not very good with things like that as I get really embarrassed and panicky.

Has anyone had this done? If so was it painful and how long did it take you to feel ok again afterwards?

Thanks for reading :)

I'm not a lady, but I've had a history of problems in the nether regions. It can get really embarassing when you're laid there and the doctor puts thier gloves on and has a good feel.

To coin a phrase "there's no shame: we're all the same" - if it embarasses you just remember that the person who is performing the procedure has probably done it thousands of times, and seen lots of womens' bits. If they are a lady too, then it makes it a little easier, as im sure they can empathise with how uncomfortable it could be.

Archived