Bar and Grill Sheffield, Leopold Square

chrislawrie

I'm gonna add it to the list. As PeteM01 says, comparing this and London Club could be quite interesting, especially as I haven't been to either before.

Cheers guys!

Going to Bar and Grill tonight - watch this space for the review!!!!

Great review! As steak lovers, I think we will have to try this one, if only to compare with London Club.

Just two comments:

"[stella Black] which is more flavoursome than standard Stella". This is a given for just about any beer, isn't it?

Asparagus in March? What were you thinking?

:hihi:

Great review! As steak lovers, I think we will have to try this one, if only to compare with London Club.

Just two comments:

"[stella Black] which is more flavoursome than standard Stella". This is a given for just about any beer, isn't it?

Thanks!

Point re asparagus taken, but I can't account for the husband's taste in lager!!!

Do try it and let me know what you think.

I like your review! Very detailed and I like the way you write. I am now going to stalk your blog... :)

Ooh I am feeling starving now! Roll on lunchtime... I've got a hankering for carpaccio now though :(

*I always put parmesan rind in when I'm making Minestrone ;)

I like your review! Very detailed and I like the way you write. I am now going to stalk your blog... :)

Ooh I am feeling starving now! Roll on lunchtime... I've got a hankering for carpaccio now though :(

*I always put parmesan rind in when I'm making Minestrone ;)

Please do stalk away - and encourage others to do the same!!!

* Great minds think alike!!

Just two comments:

I apologise for pointing out the obvious, but is Exposed really going to negatively review somewhere that spends £1000 ish a month on a full page advert in their magazine? I would suggest not, a pity as Clarets previous reviews seemed quite good. Clearly her perception is going to be clouded by by her publicist.

I apologise for pointing out the obvious, but is Exposed really going to negatively review somewhere that spends £1000 ish a month on a full page advert in their magazine? I would suggest not, a pity as Clarets previous reviews seemed quite good. Clearly her perception is going to be clouded by by her publicist.

Absolutely not. I can assure you that my reviews are not touched by the publicist.

Whether you believe me or not is totally your call, but I hope you do.

Re: Claret's review and the B&G managers comment about Stella Black. Seemingly, the only reason it is so limited is because no one will take it. I recently attended (as a +1) a get together of various bar owners and managers in Leeds and of the 12 of them in attendance (with a combined portfolio of almost 40 establishments spread across Northern England), all of them had been offered it in the last 6-12 months and had declined to take it up.

Not sure whether Stella have been proactive in their marketing because of so few places taking it or not, but that was an interesting snippet to hear.

Archived