Bar and Grill Sheffield, Leopold Square

chrislawrie

menu looks very similar to restaurant bar and grill Leed/manchester/liverpool ! people will expect the same quality so i hope it delivers!! i'll definately be trying it though!

Very brave opening a big operation in sheffield like this in this climate, fingers crossed it does well ! Good luck to all involved !!

Looks very expensive for Sheffield, have they done any market research??

I agree definitely on the high side, Shank £16.95 (Butcher under £4) 8oz fillet £20.95 (Butcher £5.25) 20oz T Bone £29.95 (Butcher £6.95) Calves Liver £17.95 (Butcher) £3.90

Those are 28 day British beef prices too. I fully realise they are a restaurant but those mark ups are high!

Went to the opening last night. All I can say is I was disappointed.

The lights in this place - positioned above dining tables - are hot and bright enough to melt your face. That was impression one.

Second, I know there's a recession on, but limiting your guests to one glass of fizzy wine for the evening is perhaps not the best statement to make. Openings are usually generous on the drink, probably because this is the best way to endear yourself to the journalists and socialites who go to opening nights (not that I'm either of these, just a plus one).

To be brutally honest, in its current guise - bland, without anything to give it distinction from other bars in the vicinity, and expensive - I give it 6 months.

Archived