Bar and Grill Sheffield, Leopold Square

chrislawrie

I agree definitely on the high side, Shank £16.95 (Butcher under £4) 8oz fillet £20.95 (Butcher £5.25) 20oz T Bone £29.95 (Butcher £6.95) Calves Liver £17.95 (Butcher) £3.90

Those are 28 day British beef prices too. I fully realise they are a restaurant but those mark ups are high!

Chips in a chipy £1 plus, potatoes 20/30p

Chips in a chipy £1 plus, potatoes 20/30p

Most restaurants work on a food profit of 50-60%.

If a steak costs £5.25 + the Garnish etc £7 total they would sell for circa £17 (inc VAT), their fillet is £20.95 meaning they are closer to 76%, which for a restaurant is high!

Went today, expensive for what you get. Most of the mains don@t come with sides & it was £2.95 for a side of broccolli with chili & garlic which consisted of 4 very small bits of broccolli drowning in chili & garlic. Rest of the food was ok but definitely overpriced.

Come on guys lets try and give the place a chance!

They have just opened and trying something new in a time when most places are closing down!

They will not be able to please everyone all the time but the product and idea's they have will succeed if given time.

Before you ask i don't work for them, but just wish them all the success in a difficult period for everyone.

ps must admit fish and chips does seem expensive for the sheffield area.

Come on guys lets try and give the place a chance!

They have just opened and trying something new in a time when most places are closing down!

They will not be able to please everyone all the time but the product and idea's they have will succeed if given time.

Before you ask i don't work for them, but just wish them all the success in a difficult period for everyone.

ps must admit fish and chips does seem expensive for the sheffield area.

I would love to give them a chance, but it is sooo expensive. The cheapest bottle of wine is £15 and they list Sparkling wine and Champagne together but don't serve cava or prosecco so the cheapest bottle is £34.40. Starters are around £6 - £7 and a bowl of mussels is £17! This has got to be one of the most expensive restaurants in Sheffield at the moment. Milestone and Morans are cheaper, as is the London Club which serves very similar food (and a bottle of Prosecco for £17).

Archived