Bar and Grill Sheffield, Leopold Square

chrislawrie

I would love to give them a chance, but it is sooo expensive. The cheapest bottle of wine is £15 and they list Sparkling wine and Champagne together but don't serve cava or prosecco so the cheapest bottle is £34.40. Starters are around £6 - £7 and a bowl of mussels is £17! This has got to be one of the most expensive restaurants in Sheffield at the moment. Milestone and Morans are cheaper, as is the London Club which serves very similar food (and a bottle of Prosecco for £17).

This is hilarious - the sparkling wine they were serving at the opening certainly wasn't of the £34.40 variety.

As for 'trying something new', Cam79: what exactly is new about this place? The extremely high prices, extremely hot lights, the bland hotel-style decor?

Just look around Leopold Square - you've got an excellent curry house, a couple of decent quality and value Italians and a number of good cocktail bars doing good trade. Have a look at your context, Sheffield. Then take a long hard look at the Bar and Grill.

So, people on this forum moan about Sheffield not being 'treated the same' as some other cities, yet then will complain when a restaurant prices it's food slightly higher than what some would like to pay. Talk about contradiction...

If it was a decent enough place, with good food and interesting decor, people would be willing to give it a go. So far, there's been no justification for the high prices, HallamStu. It also seems there are a lot of new posters coming to its defence.:suspect:

Have you actually read any of the posts above? One of them listed The Milestone, finalist in Gordon Ramsey's Best Restaurant, as being better value than the Bar and Grill! :hihi: I think that's why they may complain about prices here, especially when they're also writing of the food:

Unfortunately, the taste of the food does not match the high prices...

So, people on this forum moan about Sheffield not being 'treated the same' as some other cities, yet then will complain when a restaurant prices it's food slightly higher than what some would like to pay. Talk about contradiction...

Yes, but Leeds and Manchester generally have more higher earners than Sheffield does. We want the same level of food quality and service but at a price that we can afford. I just hope it won't be long before this place starts putting special menus on, or issuing money off vouchers. Surely if the other venues on Leopold Square (with presumably similar levels of rent) can provide good value food then this place can too.

Not everything is accessible to everyone.

No, I suppose not. You're right. Next time I want to warm my hands under klieg lights I'll go to a film studio. And next time I want to go to an uninspiring and over-priced restaurant I'll go to my local Holiday Inn.

thanks for all your feed back good and bad !!

fish and chips is line caught which means we are paying 5.95 for a 6-8oz cod fillet, with hand chips, homemade mushy peas and light beer batter

it has proved a very popular dish

the steaks are local british beef, national park. we have soured top quality beef for all our menu and are paying

6.95 for an 8oz fillet 5.95 8oz ribeye and 10.95 for the 20oz t bone

so far we have had great feed back on the quality and the taste and alot of very happy people that have dinned over the weekend ,

I would say come and try us then see what you think,

I'm sure lots of people would like that convenience, but I am sure that this restaurant have done their research and clearly believe they can afford for their prices to be set at what they are. Not everything is accessible to everyone.

I just don't think they can justify prices that are in excess of the well-established, highly praised restaurants in the area. I do sincerely hope that they do well. I'm all for individual restaurants. I just won't be trying it until I've heard some VERY good reviews!

thanks for all your feed back good and bad !!

fish and chips is line caught which means we are paying 5.95 for a 6-8oz cod fillet, with hand chips, homemade mushy peas and light beer batter

it has proved a very popular dish

the steaks are local british beef, national park. we have soured top quality beef for all our menu and are paying

6.95 for an 8oz fillet 5.95 8oz ribeye and 10.95 for the 20oz t bone

so far we have had great feed back on the quality and the taste and alot of very happy people that have dinned over the weekend ,

I would say come and try us then see what you think,

don't think i like the sound of your soured beef...............:hihi::hihi:

also why are you feeling like you need to publish what you are paying for your food?

it could cause you problems and you shouldn't need to justify yourself.

have some self belief and good luck.

if it turns out to be to expensive then you'll have to sort it out!

Archived