Bar and Grill Sheffield, Leopold Square

chrislawrie

thanks for all your feed back good and bad !!

fish and chips is line caught which means we are paying 5.95 for a 6-8oz cod fillet, with hand chips, homemade mushy peas and light beer batter

it has proved a very popular dish

the steaks are local british beef, national park. we have soured top quality beef for all our menu and are paying

6.95 for an 8oz fillet 5.95 8oz ribeye and 10.95 for the 20oz t bone

so far we have had great feed back on the quality and the taste and alot of very happy people that have dinned over the weekend ,

I would say come and try us then see what you think,

most of the forumers on here dont even know what they are talking about - you'll see most of them in the all you can eat chinese buffet.

dont listen to them and dont lower your prices as you will go the same way as most of the restaurants in Sheffield, down the pan.

most of the forumers on here dont even know what they are talking about - you'll see most of them in the all you can eat chinese buffet.

dont listen to them and dont lower your prices as you will go the same way as most of the restaurants in Sheffield, down the pan.

agreed some have the mentality of wanting mcd s prices but want heston quality, have no idea of what it takes to keep an establishment running, staff , overheads etc.

ab6262, let me remind you of my earlier post:

If it was a decent enough place, with good food and interesting decor, people would be willing to give it a go. So far, there's been no justification for the high prices. It also seems there are a lot of new posters coming to its defence.:suspect:

Have you actually read any of the posts above? One of them listed The Milestone, finalist in Gordon Ramsey's Best Restaurant, as being better value than the Bar and Grill! :hihi: I think that's why they may complain about prices here, especially when they're also writing of the food: "Unfortunately, the taste of the food does not match the high prices"

That's been repeated again and again. If the Bar and Grill served 'heston quality' people would not be complaining. People expect 'mc d's prices' when they are served basic, bland food. Aagrah, Zizzi and Strada serve more exciting, better value food and drink.

ab6262, let me remind you of my earlier post:

That's been repeated again and again. If the Bar and Grill served 'heston quality' people would not be complaining. People expect 'mc d's prices' when they are served basic, bland food. Aagrah, Zizzi and Strada serve more exciting, better value food and drink.

Exactly.... and as I have already said Morans, Marco's and Milestone are all well-established, well respected restaurants and they are cheaper. As is London Club which basically serves the same kind of stuff as Bar and Grill.

prices look pretty average to moi! Only thing is I can't see my non meat/fish eating chums wanting to go as there is not much choice. I love a good bit of meat though and there seems to be plenty of choice in that area!

PS-they have got a money off voucher for this week!

Ahhhh. It's on their website....

'25% off this week!

Get 25% off your total food and drink bill!

Monday 29th November until Friday 3rd December.

All day until 5pm for parties of 3 or more!

Book now...'

So quick grab it before 5pm tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh. It's on their website....

'25% off this week!

Get 25% off your total food and drink bill!

Monday 29th November until Friday 3rd December.

All day until 5pm for parties of 3 or more!

Book now...'

So quick grab it before 5pm tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh I didn't read that far ahead...sorry! Party 0f 3 or more as well...weird!

Archived